Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

Floridians are lucky

4K views 43 replies 19 participants last post by  Bladeforger 
#1 ·
I just wanted to say... FL must have a huge surplus of bike for sale. I have been watching ebay and seen many sweet deals that could be had in FL. Seen a really nice 92 VFR with only 5400 miles go for less than $2600 yesterday. Seen a 1994 VFR with 14k miles in excellent shape go for $2700 week before. Makes me wish I lived in FL or closer. I seen a few others in FL I might have snatched up.

I never seem to see that good of deals around Ohio. Is it just a higher deamnd for bikes in northern states brings higher prices and FL and southern states just have too many bikes for sale so they get less? :lol:

make a person wonder though :wink:

#2 ·
Few people want to ride up there in the tundra, so as a result you pay higher prices for the bikes you do get.

We are actually blessed with year round good riding weather, so it makes more people want to get out there and ride and buy bikes and what not.

It sure is nice living in the tropics. I think I'll go back and hang out in my tiki hut while I sip my margarita while my many bikini-clad lady friends feed me kiwi. :wink:

#3 ·
nickolai said:
Few people want to ride up there in the tundra, so as a result you pay higher prices for the bikes you do get.

We are actually blessed with year round good riding weather, so it makes more people want to get out there and ride and buy bikes and what not.

It sure is nice living in the tropics. I think I'll go back and hang out in my tiki hut while I sip my margarita while my many bikini-clad lady friends feed me kiwi. :wink:
yeah yeah.... rub it in :p

at least we have more twisties in the mountains up north hehe

yeah... I figured market for bikes would be better in area where riding is all year and thus was my thought that there were just more bikes for sale so prices were lower

#5 ·
nickolai said:

you have good riding weather in the dead of winter, that's about it, the rest of the year, Florida is only fit for sitting in an air conditioned building or cage

#11 ·
RandyO said:
you have good riding weather in the dead of winter, that's about it, the rest of the year, Florida is only fit for sitting in an air conditioned building or cage
I don't mind the heat. I actually prefer the middle of Florida summer over something moderate, like 70s or something. I love the heat.

Either way, I'd rather have an uncomfortably hot summer than an uncomfortably cold winter.

So, it's good that we live where we do.

#13 ·
nickolai said:
I guess each region has its advantages and disadvantages.
yep... that is true.. so ideally I would like a place near the Smokies for fall riding, a place in FL for winter riding, a place in CA for Summer with "Bay Watch"'esk scenery and maybe a place near AZ or CO in spring so I can ride to mountains on motorcycle with my snow board strapped on back where I will play in snow for short time :lol:

#14 ·
syntheticton said:
yep... that is true.. so ideally I would like a place near the Smokies for fall riding, a place in FL for winter riding, a place in CA for Summer with "Bay Watch"'esk scenery and maybe a place near AZ or CO in spring so I can ride to mountains on motorcycle with my snow board strapped on back where I will play in snbw for short time :lol:
good call! :lol:

#16 ·
syntheticton said:
nickolai said:
I guess each region has its advantages and disadvantages.
yep... that is true.. so ideally I would like a place near the Smokies for fall riding, a place in FL for winter riding, a place in CA for Summer with "Bay Watch"'esk scenery and maybe a place near AZ or CO in spring so I can ride to mountains on motorcycle with my snow board strapped on back where I will play in snbw for short time :lol:
Southern Appilachia has GREAT winter riding. It's too cold for the squids, but doesn't snow that much and all the leaves are off the trees (you can see better around the corners).

#17 ·
It's too hot and humid to ride in the summer here in south florida uness you want to ride around in shorts and a t-shirt. Sunday was in the 90's with 70 percent humidity, all day and most of the night, not just at the peak of the afternoon. Even in shorts, it's brutally hot in July and August, and May, June, Sep, and Oct are almost as bad. Plus, there are barely any curvy roads so everyone either rides around on cruisers or stunts around in the straights on sport bikes, not much in between. Our good riding season is basically November to April, not year round. Still, it's a good place to live for many other reasons.

#18 ·
stingray said:
It's too hot and humid to ride in the summer here in south florida uness you want to ride around in shorts and a t-shirt. Sunday was in the 90's with 70 percent humidity, all day and most of the night, not just at the peak of the afternoon. Even in shorts, it's brutally hot in July and August, and May, June, Sep, and Oct are almost as bad. Plus, there are barely any curvy roads so everyone either rides around on cruisers or stunts around in the straights on sport bikes, not much in between. Our good riding season is basically November to April, not year round. Still, it's a good place to live for many other reasons.
move to Texas, then you will know the meaning of heat and humidity.

#19 ·
In the middle of summer I am willing to bet that most NE states are hotter than Florida. The biggest difference is, when the snow starts falling up there, we are still in the 80's. We really only have two seasons Spring and Summer that last year round. Florida is percieved as being HOT because it tends to be warm out most the time. Although after living in N Florida for a couple years, it can get quite chilly through the winter. Once you are south of Orlando though, winter is nearly non-existent.

#21 ·
I think we're just like #4 in the largest biker community so we have more bikes to sell and buy. It didn't take me long to find my lovely SV.

Florida Rocks!!! It may be flat as a 13year old but it rocks!!!! :)

G
#22 ·
RandyO said:
nickolai said:

My bumper sticker on the cage says: "Snowbird, the other white meat."

Summers here are mild by comparison to everything from Death Valley east to Georgia. Average year-round temps in the low 70's; Average July high temps in the low 90's. Humidity inspires perspiration, but you don't dehydrate as quickly. If you can't stand wet, then it would suck for you. Otherwise, it ain't bad.

AND, you got it wrong... it's 9 months that we have splendid riding weather and 3 months of kinda sauna-like riding weather. I'm glad more folks don't like it so much, though, or we'd be even more overrun with people than we already are. I live in the densest populated county, and the traffic is getting worse. In 10 years, it'll probably be as bad as Dallas/Ft. Worth was 10 years ago... which was like the LA area 20 years ago.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.