Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
378 Posts
Bladeforger said:
Have you ridden down to the west where Dennis hit yet?
I'm staying with my parents over summer, so right now I'm along the coast in St. Joe, right between Apalach and Panama City. We didn't get anything, but they're condemning a lot of houses out there at Cape San Blas. Apalach and on up to Carabelle also got it pretty bad, and St. Marks was flooded. This was mostly water damage, though. Part of 98 were washed away, water in homes, that sort of stuff.

I haven't made it any farther west than PC, though.

Around here it could've been a lot worse than it was.
 
G

·
nickolai said:
Bladeforger said:
Have you ridden down to the west where Dennis hit yet?
I'm staying with my parents over summer, so right now I'm along the coast in St. Joe, right between Apalach and Panama City. We didn't get anything, but they're condemning a lot of houses out there at Cape San Blas. Apalach and on up to Carabelle also got it pretty bad, and St. Marks was flooded. This was mostly water damage, though. Part of 98 were washed away, water in homes, that sort of stuff.

I haven't made it any farther west than PC, though.

Around here it could've been a lot worse than it was.
Lucky you! St Joe is a pretty place, in spite of some industrial stuff cluttering up the view.

Yeah, I had heard that there was a lot of damage along 98, but I didn't know how far. Lots of pretty riding where you are.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
378 Posts
Bladeforger said:
Lucky you! St Joe is a pretty place, in spite of some industrial stuff cluttering up the view.

Yeah, I had heard that there was a lot of damage along 98, but I didn't know how far. Lots of pretty riding where you are.
Eh. The industrial stuff gives several of my friends (and friend's parents) jobs, so I can't be too critical of it. It is a bit tough to boost tourism when you come over the bridge and see a chemical plant on the left and the paper mill on the right.

They tore the paper mill down a few years ago, though, so I don't think the chemical plant will stay there for too much longer. I hear rumors that they're talking about relocating somewhere away from town, but so far it's unsubstantiated. Who knows?

They are talking about developing the old paper mill site. They want to turn it into a pedestrian-friendly shopping center, and maybe put some condos on it or something. I guess I'm the only one who thinks that's a bad idea. :?

In Highland View about half of 98 caved in, but they've repaired it by now. We got off pretty lucky. I haven't been near Eastpoint personally, but they were showing some footage on T.V. of it and the roads were trashed there, too. I think they're coming along fairly well on the rebuilds.

Yeah, the riding here is pretty nice. There's a little bit of everything. If you want beaches, it's there. If you want swamps, it's there. I like it here.

Hey, do you make it up this way often? If you're in the neighborhood, look me up and we'll go riding sometime.
 
G

·
nickolai said:
Bladeforger said:
Lucky you! St Joe is a pretty place, in spite of some industrial stuff cluttering up the view.

Yeah, I had heard that there was a lot of damage along 98, but I didn't know how far. Lots of pretty riding where you are.
Eh. The industrial stuff gives several of my friends (and friend's parents) jobs, so I can't be too critical of it. It is a bit tough to boost tourism when you come over the bridge and see a chemical plant on the left and the paper mill on the right.

They tore the paper mill down a few years ago, though, so I don't think the chemical plant will stay there for too much longer. I hear rumors that they're talking about relocating somewhere away from town, but so far it's unsubstantiated. Who knows?

They are talking about developing the old paper mill site. They want to turn it into a pedestrian-friendly shopping center, and maybe put some condos on it or something. I guess I'm the only one who thinks that's a bad idea. :?

In Highland View about half of 98 caved in, but they've repaired it by now. We got off pretty lucky. I haven't been near Eastpoint personally, but they were showing some footage on T.V. of it and the roads were trashed there, too. I think they're coming along fairly well on the rebuilds.

Yeah, the riding here is pretty nice. There's a little bit of everything. If you want beaches, it's there. If you want swamps, it's there. I like it here.

Hey, do you make it up this way often? If you're in the neighborhood, look me up and we'll go riding sometime.
I don't make it up there very often, but I'll remember to holler when I do.
 
41 - 44 of 44 Posts
Top