Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am chomping at the bit until I can buy my first bike. A friend of mine made the problem much worse when he convinced me to drive up to Daytona Bike Week and check out the vendors there. After months of sitting on dozens of bikes and dreaming of twisty roads, I have finally decided to focus my search on finding a nice 2nd gen SV650 (preferably S). Now I just need to sell my boat (any takers??) for the cash to dump into an SV.

Anyway, howdy everyone!
JB

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey JB!

You'll love the SV. I enjoyed the hell out of mine up until the ditch attacked it...

Best of luck in your search!

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
:)Howdy, Offroadwonder!

Welcome.

Hope you find a good bike. I got mine thru eBay, out of Miami.

Don't need a hole in the water to pour my money into... I have an SV...:)

Seriously, hope you get good $$$ for the boat and find a good SV. Lots of info & help on this site.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Didn't figure an SV forum would yeild too much interest in a boat, but seemed like it was worth a shot ;D. The more I read on this site, the more excited I get about how easy it is to make an SV unique just to how I like it.

·
SV Hadder
10,486 Posts
So I am chomping at the bit until I can buy my first bike. A friend of mine made the problem much worse when he convinced me to drive up to Daytona Bike Week and check out the vendors there. After months of sitting on dozens of bikes and dreaming of twisty roads, I have finally decided to focus my search on finding a nice 2nd gen SV650 (preferably S). Now I just need to sell my boat (any takers??) for the cash to dump into an SV.

Anyway, howdy everyone!
JB
Florida, twisty roads.....?

DOES NOT COMPUTE!

good luck with your search, both for the bike and those floridian twisty bits! ;D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

DOES NOT COMPUTE!

;D
Good point :mad:, I'm not originally from here (Air Force landed me here). Maybe nothing will compare to a Colorado mountain pass, but I won't give up searching anyway. If all else fails I can still dream!

·
Registered
54 Posts

DOES NOT COMPUTE!

good luck with your search, both for the bike and those floridian twisty bits! ;D
They can be found. Nothing like the roads in the mountains but I don't have any chicken strips on my tires and it isn't from riding the interstate exit ramps.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts

DOES NOT COMPUTE!

How's the weather up there in C-bus?? I see you might be getting more snow from the blizzard heading towards Fargo right now. :nana:

:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Humm...ride dead straight all year long or throw in a few twists three months out of the year. Its a toss up. Good thing I'm new to motorcycles so I won't know the difference.

·
SV Hadder
10,486 Posts
Humm...ride dead straight all year long or throw in a few twists three months out of the year. Its a toss up. Good thing I'm new to motorcycles so I won't know the difference.
3 months? Do I look canadian to you? ;D

I rode every month this winter.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Florida isn't the best place for tearing up the twisties. I will admit to that. And that's the reason I have a trailer and we are making a trip up to north Georgia to the Blue Ridge mountains in a couple months.

But it's hard to beat getting my boat out on the water all year long and being able to ride every day of the year without freezing to death.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts