Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A buddy of mine used to work in an autoshop and has good painting experience. I've got an old race fairing that I'm going to use until I get rear seat, etc. I'm going to sand it myself to get some practice, but my problem is he told me that I needed a flexible sanding block to sand with, and I can't find one anywhere. In theory I could use a sanding sponge, but I have to have 800,1000,1500 and the highest grit I could find was 320. Does anyone have any experience sanding, and if so, what do you use to sand round surfaces?

·
Registered
6 Posts
You need to find an automotive paint supply store. Look for a PPG, Dupont, Sherwin Williams, etc, dealer. They should have a display of them in varying sizes, shapes, and hardness.

Depending on what you are trying to accomplish, you may be able to get away with a Scotchbrite and Final Sand. You can find Final Sand (http://www.finalsand.com/) or something similar to it at just about any autoparts store.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Use a piece of sand paper in your desired grit and just sand it by hand, its pretty flexible and will even things out nicely.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i found what I was looking, or at least some of it. As stupid as this may sound, does anyone know where to get 2-3/4" adhesive sandpaper strips?? I can't seem to find them anywhere and its what I will need to use with this specific sanding block.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts