Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about at my wits end with fleas.
My cat is an indoor cat and some how he has contracted them(from a visiting dog perhaps). I have bathed him in flea shampoo, put the protection in between his shoulder blades and even put on a flea collar. I went with an all natural flea powder for my carpet that way it was healthy for him to stay home. It got better but it's still going on!!

Has anyone had issues this year, or in the past? My vet said that this year it's very bad in Texas due to the rain and humidity at the right time of the year(helps flea eggs grow and hatch).

I want to get a bomb and board him(he's going on an prescription flea med also).
Any recommendations? Anyone have success with certain brands of a flea bomb/fogger?

Sincerly,

my itchy friend Guinness

Attachments

·
Registered
683 Posts
My dog brought the little fockers in several months ago, and the things loved my ferret. I had to apply the Frontline every three weeks for 9 weeks...it didn't maintain it's month long protection for the amount of fleas. By the end of the 9 weeks, the dog and ferret were clear and the house was also. Now a monthly application of frontline is enough. Well worth the expense to save your sanity and your cats fur.

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
No fleas here. (yet) Ticks are pretty bad this year though. We had a few days of hiking and camping and my wife and son both each had a tick on them and I had 2 on me.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
I have been very lucky. I have had my dogs for 3 years and havent had a single flea. I remember dealing with them when I was a kid though. I went to school for the lice inspection and there was a dead flea in my hair and they freaked out and made me do lice treatments because they are morons and cant tell the difference between the two.

·
Registered
17,602 Posts
A few years ago a rental home I was in (duplex) was infested by fleas for no obvious reason. My neighbors were white trash, but didn't have any animals. I was at least a step above white trash.

I bombed the house and stayed at the friends-with-bennies' place for a few days.*

*Those bennies weren't benzedrine.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jbs,

did you have to bomb twice? Or was one treatment adequate?

I'm looking at picking up this kit:
http://reviews.walmart.com/1336/11045997/raid-plus-3-foggers-flea-killer-15-oz-reviews/reviews.htm

per the reviews though it looks like a second application may be necessary. I would hate to board my cat, even once. He is a spoiled little brat, I'm sure he will not be happy being board. Trying to convince the g/f to let me bring him to her place while I bomb the apt. She has a dog though and doesn't want him around with fleas potentially infesting her place/pet(I don't blame her).

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My apt is 790 sq ft, I think I am going to set off two at once(since one bomb only covers 590 sq feet. That should be enough over kill if you ask me.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
In the past when I've used bug bombs, I put one in every room. Overkill, sure but any bugs that were there were dead.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nah, no aquarium. I wouldn't make a good fish owner. That and I wouldn't be able to trust my cat around fish when I'm not home.

I'm going to put one bomb in front of my bed room, the other in the living room. My apartment is small and dining/living room are wide open space along with the kitchen. I'll prob just put a bomb between the bathroom and bed room doors.

What about electronics? I was reading on one brand(prob Raid) They mention to cover electronics, did y'all cover your TV or pc's or anything?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts