Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not on a track of course but on the streets.

Since I moved to Chico CA, I have been making short communtes on city streets. This doesn't allow for a nice riding environment. Secondly I have a back tire that is getting the center worn down so I'm not goint to baby the side tread.

So I have developed a habit of power sliding the back end out of a stop light. We have 3 lane one way streets in this town so it leaves me some room for error. Plus with my backgroung in Dirt riding it feels natural to me.

To sum up I have been having a blast pitching my bike sideways for 30 yards. Do you ever ride it like a dirt bike?

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Wow, that will be fun right up until it decides to highside on you one day. ::)

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
I just hope that the guy who taped the now famous " Red Sv into a tree" is there to catch it on film, for everyone to enjoy. ;D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Old racer adage: "The slide feels the best just before the crash." ;D

Take care out there. Sliding in the dirt is much more forgiving that sliding on pavement.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
AWW, you guys are no fun. Next thing your going to say is wheeling is wrong. Seriously though, thanks for your concern, I guess this is kinda a poll.

The torque and agility of our bike lends them to this sort of behavior. So I was wondering if I was the the only one who got a kick out of this.

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
With clipons - flat tracking is MUCH more interesting. I tend not to flat-track so much as I use pulling out on a wet road and blipping the rear wheel loose, then riding it for a bit.

Stupid as all h$ll - and it very nearly got me highsided this year. Fun though - right up until it grabbed and I'm near full-lock. "Pucker" is but a starting point in describing that feeling - knowing you'd done it to yourself. :eek:

·
Registered
836 Posts
Ruefus said:
With clipons - flat tracking is MUCH more interesting.  I tend not to flat-track so much as I use pulling out on a wet road and blipping the rear wheel loose, then riding it for a bit.

Stupid as all h$ll - and it very nearly got me highsided this year.  Fun though - right up until it grabbed and I'm near full-lock.  "Pucker" is but a starting point in describing that feeling - knowing you'd done it to yourself.   :eek:
I had a similar experience...but it wasn't intentional. :eek:

Actually, it was on the ride up to Philly to sell my bike....a crash would've been pretty ironic.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts