Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Probably pretty hard. Without any fabrication skills I wouldn't even attempt it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks ... but if I'm right .... I think the 2 you just posted are 1rst Gen ??? and are these guys from the forum ... .would like to know if it was really bad&?
And anyone here could tell me what would be a good price for the fairings +headlights and bracket?
just to be sure that I'm not paying too much

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well ... because I was looking for the sharkskinz fairing and they are 600$us + shipping so aroung 900$can .... and for the ducati fairing + headlight I would pay 200$can .... so I would save alot ... and I could sell my stock sv650s fairing and headlights so it would be even cheaper

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
Why Duc fairings over aftermarket built for the bike or stock?

on the SV the front of that yellow one just looks odd....
+1 The 916 fairing will look like crap when you mount it on a second gen. The 916 fairing is round and the second gen frame and tail is square. Better search for a gsxr fairing it will look so much better on a second gen.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Trotterz, this is pretty much your answer:

Probably pretty hard. Without any fabrication skills I wouldn't even attempt it.
Without some serious fabrication experience, I wouldn't even attempt it. You'd most likely end up with a garage full of cut up attempts at metal brackets, dusty fairings, a pile of random hardware, another pile of hair you've pulled out, and several hundred dollars missing from your wallet.

If you don't have much fabrication experience, you have NO idea what's involved in getting the bodywork on the bike and making it look right. It's like fiddling your way through installing an engine. If you don't have a really good idea where you're going with it, it's not going to get anywhere near Done or Right.

EDIT: I made a boo boo. I got slightly confused on where I was. Sorry to revive this old chestnut.

·
Registered
181 Posts
it looks like **** on the curvy sv650. curvy bike (frame and all) and a very pointy fairing. why would you want to do that?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts