Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of a custom exhaust for my 02 sv 650 cafe racer and and like the look of the Black Widow 2016 type race system on ebay.
I know the bracket needs changing which is ok, and after looking at pictures of the system, while looking at the bike for potential problems. I have to say, if it bolts to early heads it looks promising.
Anyone out there with more sv experience with any thoughts on doing this?
s-l1600 (1).jpg s-l1600.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
5,370 Posts
No experience with the gen 3's, but it was not possible to swap exhausts between gen 1 and gen 2.

·
Registered
47 Posts
3rd gen vs gladius is compatible, but this I don't know. Maybe it will be possible with minor adaptations. If you have a place to make the mods, I don't see any problem by trying it!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yeah man, i had some experience with it in some of my bikes. I also have a kit like this that I'm still thinking about what im going to do as slip on, because i want a light weight and silent one, for sure I'll have to fabricate it... Before purchasing this exhaust, maybe you should take a look on how much will cost to make a custom made one. Sometimes it worth it. Good luck.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I could make it but I do like the look of this and it should be lighter than one I make and hopefully make a little more power. I am happy with the sound of my muffler but again I made it from steel, so a lighter slip on would be good but most are too loud

·
Registered
47 Posts
This one really looks nice.
This in the one I have, but this slip on was sold out for being too loud.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts