Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got bored so I picked up a F3 rim and since people have put 180s on them figure I might as well too. Is it just me or is the 180 pinched onto the 5" F3 rim? At least a little bit? The 180 tire seems to be 5.5" at the beads compared to 5" at the beads on the rim. Just curious as to whether "yes, its pinched but so what" or "oh no somethings wrong".

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
It might be a teeny bit pinched... but numerous people use 180 size with that rim, including several racers. I doubt you will have a problem with it. I haven't had any with mine.

What brand of tire are you using? That will sometimes make a difference.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Something to remember. Not all tires are sized equally even if they have the same number molded into the sidewall.

That being said, yes my pilot power is pinched a bit but I can still get to the arrows which gets you about a 1/4 inch of chicky strips. Not saying I know how to ride like a punk ass or nothing lol. Just using that as a reference.

Do I worry about it? NO.

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I'm about to mount a Metz Z6 on it, are those known to be slightly wider? I'm really not too worried about it, just found it odd how I could notice a difference between the widths.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts