Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if I might have some opinions on a size question. I'm 6'1'' and 240 lbs. I was wondering if anyone similar is riding a SV650? How do you feel on the bike? Cramped? Does the bike have the ability to puill you around OK? Just some basic questions...

Chet

·
Registered
285 Posts
I'm 6'5" and 220 and people tell me I look a little big on it, but the bike doesn't feel too small to me. And it has PLENTY of power for me and my GF to ride 2UP. Don't worry about it.

EDIT: I'm probably going to be getting some of those rearset riser plates and flipping them over so they lower the pegs 1"... Should make a big difference for me.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm 6'2" and currently about 255 lbs. Sv pulls me around fine, riding position isn't really cramped.

lowering the pegs an inch or two would maybe be much more comfortable, asnydes let me know how that works out!

·
Registered
140 Posts
I'm 6' and have really long legs and don't feel cramped on mine at all. My bf and I even rode 2 up around the mountains and we had no problems keeping up with our group, so power is not an issue. Neither of us were cramped 2 up either, although I will say, passenger is a little more cramped on the legs for me.

·
Premium Member
3,061 Posts
I hate the "does it have enough power" questions.

a 250 can haul you around. it will probably top out at 100mph, but it can still get you around just ifne. the sv won't have an issue.
I disagree. If you read magazines, and even this site, everyone talks about how the bike is fun but "underpowered" now this is being written by a 150lb guy, so what is a 250lb guy supposed to think?

Yes, a 250 will move you, and I have ridden a little ninja with no problems, but I would definitely want more power.

It's really hard to know unless you actually get to ride one, but unfortunately people and dealers don't really offer test rides.

·
Registered
723 Posts
underpowered on the track, maybe(but I'd argue that point too), but underpowered for WHAT?

a 250 lb guy can out accelerate just about any car on the street. what more power do you need?

edit: of course, I'm not saying there aren't much more powerful bikes out there. I'm just saying calling it "underpowered" without a reference is misleading. it has less power than a z1000, for instance, but does that make it "underpowered" for regular street use?

·
Premium Member
3,061 Posts
underpowered on the track, maybe(but I'd argue that point too), but underpowered for WHAT?

a 250 lb guy can out accelerate just about any car on the street. what more power do you need?
Well that's my point. You don't really get info like that from magazines so it doesn't hurt to ask. I went through the same thing before I got mine.

·
Registered
723 Posts
okeedokee, I'm not fighting, sorry.

I think it also depends on your build as to if it will fit. If youhave long legs, it might be a bit cramped, no one can really tell you unless you try it out for yourself.

·
Premium Member
3,061 Posts
okeedokee, I'm not fighting, sorry.

I think it also depends on your build as to if it will fit. If youhave long legs, it might be a bit cramped, no one can really tell you unless you try it out for yourself.
yeah, I have short legs for my height so it works out.

Dealers ALWAYS give me weird looks when I sit on the bikes. Doesn't stop me though ;D

·
Registered
5,710 Posts
Yup, too big. Go buy a Hummer or Escalade. ;D

I'm heavy and it's plenty strong for me. Tall-wise your legs are bent anyway, so the difference shouldn't be that great. You could lower your pegs and raise the bike if you had to, but I don't think it would be necessary.

·
Registered
17,602 Posts
I was wondering if I might have some opinions on a size question. I'm 6'1'' and 240 lbs. I was wondering if anyone similar is riding a SV650? How do you feel on the bike? Cramped? Does the bike have the ability to puill you around OK? Just some basic questions...

Chet

You sounded intelligent until you asked if it had enough power to pull you around. A 250 has enough power to pull you around. ;)

Ask J-Dog. He's 6'4" and flogs the hell out of his SV.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I forgot to say that I raised mine 1" in the rear with dogbones. I think I'm going to lower it back down. It didn't make much of a difference considering I can still flat-foot both feet no problem, and it looks awkward with the extra large rear wheel gap. It kinda looks dirt-bikish lol

1 - 20 of 63 Posts