Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Saturday it warmed up to near 40, so I figured I'd get the SV out of its winter storage. I'd installed SS brake lines on the front, bled the rear brake and done the R6 throttle tube swap. Everything went fine, I may end up bleeding the brakes once more, but they felt pretty firm. The R6 throttle tube was the best $10 I'd ever spent, it just seemed to be a lot easier to get on the gas. I had some new Cortech Scarab Winter gloves as well and I was very pleased they kept my hands a lot warmer than my non-insulated leather gloves had.

The most interesting part of the ride was the behavior of the front forks. Compared to riding when it was 85 out, they seemed a lot firmer, especially when using the front brake. That's been my biggest complaint with the stock SV suspension, so now I have to stop putting off installing new springs and fork oil.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The weather is so crappy up here I didn't even think about taking a picture. Luckily it warmed up again, so I got another chance to get out on the road. This was taken about halfway thru at a post office parking lot. It hasn't snowed in about a month, so the roads are mostly dry, but there's plenty of gravel at the intersections, and snowmelt running across the road every so often.

The new winter gloves work pretty well, but I was going to making any trips longer than an hour I'd need some hand guards or heated grips.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I found the SS lines on ebay last fall for $50 or so. I definitely need to bleed them once more, the brakes are working, just a little softer than I think they should be. Wasn't too difficult to change them out, getting bled properly is half the job at least.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts