Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Saturday one of my friend was getting married and I decided it was time for my first long ride on my bike. The wedding was at Trois Pistoles and I was leaving from montreal (both towns in Quebec). The ride was 300 miles long. When I first got into the Highway I tought to myself wow this is going to be boring when I realised how much miles I had to do, but I quicly forgot that because I did enjoy it. Before I go on, I must add that I have a SV650N with stock windshield( the very small one) From Montreal-Trois pistoles I was cruising at 84mph and the wind wasn'T pushing to hard so it wasn't that bad. I have a gel seat and even with it I had to stop at every 100miles to take a small break (sore ass and I was getting cold so needed to drink something hot). During saturday night, a very big wind raised, I woke up 3 times just to make sure my bike didnt fall on its side because it was raining and so much windy, I was sure it would be. When I left Trois-Pistoles, the rain had stopped but the wind was still there, it was crazy, When leaning to turn, the wind would ''lift'' me upright. Then I got on the highway and the wind was directly in my face (winds of over 37mph) I had trouble keeping my head straight. I couldn't wait till I get home it was horrible. My back, shoulders and neck started to get sore very quickly and had to stop at every ~70miles to take a small break. Overall, I enjoyed my trip, it was nice to ride my bike for that long. I guess for next trip I'll try to get a bigger windshield :D

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
ahh, the beauty of being nekkid!!

and quite the workout in high winds!!

i put a LaminarLip on mine when i got it, worked suprisingly well!!

i think Puig or somebody makes a taller N 'sheild also, saw a post here a while ago..

·
Registered
647 Posts
that's why you should have bought an S! :nana:

but it does feel great to just get away and hit the open road with just the bike. very relaxing, even if you do have a sore a$$. i will see just how bad it is when i take about a 2000 mi trip this summer from pheonix to cali and up the pacific coast highway. i'm wicked excited!

·
Premium Member
4,846 Posts
I ride into strong winds very frequently. You might try leaning forward and support yourself with your tank bag (if you have one). That will make you more streamlined and stop a lot of the force of the wind. If you don't have a tank bag, you can lean into the wind and let it buoy you up, it will take the strain off of your arms and back. It feels kind of like you're flying, once you get the hang of it.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I live in the montreal area and this weekend was quite cold and windy. Give yourself a few more long runs, your muscles get stronger and your butt will tolerate the seat more. The winds we had this weekend were more on the exceptional side, but one thing I noticed, this season I can ride a lot faster and longer. I always considered getting a windshield, I still might, but only because of extreme conditions like we had this weekend.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts