Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, for me these were the real deal. If this is not the proper place to post I apologize in advance. I am very giddy, don't want to eat or sleep because I am fixated with going out again and doing it all over again.

A close friend of mine has been riding on and off his entire life, while I have only ridden my SV1000S and only done so for 5 nearly 6 months now(I am in my early 30's he in his mid). He finally got another bike last week(after not owning a bike for a little over a year). Since his Ducati Monster 1000 ie is still new to him we took it lightly(according to him). We hit a great road yesterday evening around 5pm known as "lime creek road" (I recommending using google maps to check it out, the city is Austin TX). I cannot deny my riding experience is going to work, focusing on what I learned in the safety course, what I have read online and what I have read in books on how to enter/exit turns, read camber and read your exits. I consider myself a novice at this, and have never played on my own as I want someone with me in the event I go down and cannot phone someone. With each commute over the last five months I have grown confident in my riding abilities and putting around town, growing more responsive in leaning into turns at higher speeds than I would normally enter/exit at when I first got my bike.

Lime creek yesterday evening....it was amazing, we did not get wreckless and our max gear was 3rd when it was slow, then back down to 2nd in the turns. There was no Alpha dominance in the streets(I've had run ins with some real squids and have become turned off from riding in a group by it). My buddy was very good at signaling for gravel, traffic, aggressive turns etc to warn me of upcoming hazards. I felt I wasn't pushing myself hard, yet I was leaning in and out and hitting good RPMS(5-8K) in turns I would not have thought I was ready for. We then went down 1431, a 4 lane road where we had plenty of room to ride next to each other(each in our own respective lane) and got on it a little in the turns. We then gave hand signals to respect who came out faster/better. By no means were we in dangerous speed limits going full on retard, just a little over the legal limit having some spirited fun.

I didn't want to eat at all today, I was so excited. I am so pumped to go out and do it again. I spent all morning researching my suspension and how to tune it(GSXR1000 forks and brakes on my SV). I just had to share how much I have this new found love for going through twisties.

Safe riding everyone! Till next time!

PS-I have an optrix case but my phone was bloated and low on space. I cleaned it up tonight and will record our next outing and try to share it with everyone.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Personally, I like being wreckless. Wrecks suck. I try not to ride recklessly in order to avoid wrecks.

:D :D :D

Yeah, I'm bored and have a keyboard in front of me...
HAHAHA! We'll you will be happy to know our run today was, wreckless at times. We did a lot of passing in no passing zones at high speeds, even had some kids in BMW's giving us the thumbs up as we were passing them.
I can't come down from this adrenaline high. I have a completely new love for my bike.

My observations today, for myself personally. I need to quit watching my buddy set as he enters each corner, it threw me off BAD. Once I stopped doing it my slicing was much more accurate and very very amazing(in my own head). I could not believe how much I could get my bike to lean at speed. She begged for more!

I noticed on my friends Ducati that in slow turns/corners, the bike is insanely flick-able(I rode it). At higher speeds, the SV dominates! He has to setup each corner prior to entering the Apex, as we all do, but my setups were so much easier! He was nearly dismounting the seat to get the Duc to lean over! I just casually moved my body forward, mounted my pegs prior to making sure I was satisfied with RPM and gearing, then lean into it!!

I do apologize, we had an early run and I stayed with my g/f last night. I did not take my optrix with me so of course I once again cannot show you guys how much fun I had. I promise next run, I will have it setup and there will be no excuse!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts