Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well as they say you're either the kind that has or is going to be..and im now in the group of the ones that have.  Anyway, my left front blinker is broken (the plastic orange part), the clutch knob broke off, the radiator is dislodged on the left and was leaking water a bit, and the tank has a slight dent in it. I'm fine but have a bruised left hand and thats about it. I was going like 10mph and lost control...dont know how but whatever.

Anyway, how much is it usually for minor damage like this to be repaired? Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Glad you're okay.

If the radiator got tweaked, the price tag for replacement is gonna make you cry. I would suggest looking up the cost for replacement of damaged parts through www.ronayers.com .

I would also recommend you order a set of frame sliders from www.motosliders.com today and not ride the bike until they're installed.

Good luck...

·
Registered
127 Posts
slow speed crash? interesting, you dont own a red sv and an aztek do you? ;D only kidding. the worst part is you hurt the expensive stuff, radiator, tank. but the good thing is that youre ok. hope you get your bike road worthy soon and that hand heals up.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys...yeah, i cried myself to sleep because I hadnt bought the sliders yet. Expensive lesson to learn, I know.

But as a round number, how much would it take to replace a radiator? I just took another look at it and its a little bent. I'm not much of a mechanically inclined guy (yet) with bikes so I'm curious how much it would be to have someone repair it for me. Yeah, I know having someone do it will be expensive im sure..

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Another problem I noticed was the dissapearance of the mounting bolt (where the radiator mounts to the frame, on the left side. Where could I possibly get replacements for these little parts?

·
Registered
241 Posts
idesigner said:
Another problem I noticed was the dissapearance of the mounting bolt (where the radiator mounts to the frame, on the left side. Where could I possibly get replacements for these little parts?
This again would be where you would direct your attention to www.ronayers.com or www.oneidasuzuki.com
Pull up the microfiche and order the parts you need.
This would be a good time to start upgrading/modifying your bike too.

Good luck, and most of us know where you're sitting right now, but it's a learning experience.
Get frame sliders, fix up the bike and keep riding.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts