Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got up in the morning, ate only a muffin to hold me over for most the day. Contemplated selling my bike in about a month to pay off debt. Then went to class, turned in a paper that was sure to get a bad grade, thought to myself, "Man, today can't get any worse..." then right after class--

My first accident in my 2 years of riding.
Happened yesterday around 2pm.

I was going between 25-30mph, splitting lanes in dead-stop traffic to get through the intersection and on the freeway before it rained. The guy that hit me was making a left turn, which he had to yield at. I had the right of way [but that intersection has no lights for the way I was going], but didn't see him before it was too late to swerve or brake because a jeep was blocking my view and figured everyone was stopped because there was no more room to go onto the other side without blocking the intersection.

I got up right after I was hit with just a bruise on my right leg. My helmet didn't even have any marks on it.

I am officially a lucky ******* and am forever grateful to the Great Motorcycle Gods.

Be safe out there.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
****, glad you are okay thats one hell of a pic it almost looks staged.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I'm glad I'm okay too. Couldn't believe I was standing right after it, I thought, "Oh, must be the adrenaline. I'll fall down in a moment or two."

I have another picture of two cops smiling at it, they couldn't believe it stayed like that too.

I'm pretty sore today, but nothing horrible.

I'll be getting a copy of the police report in a couple days our so.

·
Registered
9,110 Posts
Congrats on coming through that relatively unscathed.

"Well, I didn't have time to lay it down, so I just propped it up."

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here's some more.
They were taken by a fellow biker who happened to be nearby with his camera working on some project. He sent me them through email yesterday.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Well that's a hell of a first post.... Welcome to forum, get the bike fixed, and get back riding. Glad you're not hurt.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tell me about it. I try to make a good first impression :)

And thank you to everyone. I appreciate it.

The front is completely shot. So it'll take a while.

I didn't feel so bad when I went to go pick my bike up at the warehouse they towed it (and a $30 gate fee, what the f is that?!). The guy there showed me a Ducati 1098s, brand new but completely totaled, the rider didn't even put on a plate yet. Hope he's doing okay :/

·
Registered
9,110 Posts
Wait for it...

That should buff right out.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggg!

·
Registered
55 Posts
glad ur ok, keep ur head up and keep riding. oh and i hope you dont get too many more of them zingers..;D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Haha, yeah.
I thought two things when I first stood up and saw everything:

1) F***, this did not just happen.
2) I could go for an In-N-Out burger right now (which I got later that evening)

And that was a different guy taking photos (a fellow biker actually)

I'm not sure if I'm going to sell it. I'm waiting to see what my insurance says... cross those fingers.

·
Registered
982 Posts
I'm glad you are fine. That's a photo to put on the wall . . .

". . . and I walked away."
Amen to that. Great that you're with us and apparently fine.

If you have nagging aches or stiffness, don't ignore. Seek a diagnosis.

I ignored neck pain after two incidents, one was a crash and the other a vicious hit during an indoor soccer game. I'm not disabled but my neck sometimes bothers me with kinks and stiffness.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thank you :)
Great to be here.

Yeah, my mom called the doctor. Got a 9:15am appointment waiting for me.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts