Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i just finished the MSF, and i just got my license and so i decided to go to my friends house and go out for a ride, well we went out to Ortega HWY since she lives right there, holy ****, i thought i learned a lot in the course, but taking what i learned there out onto a real road was a different experience. a **** ton more fun too. i rode about 250mi today. i am hurting, using muscles i dont normally use but it was worth it. i look foward to riding more in the future, should be a blast.

·
Registered
373 Posts
so i just finished the MSF, and i just got my license and so i decided to go to my friends house and go out for a ride, well we went out to Ortega HWY since she lives right there, holy ****, i thought i learned a lot in the course, but taking what i learned there out onto a real road was a different experience. a **** ton more fun too. i rode about 250mi today. i am hurting, using muscles i dont normally use but it was worth it. i look foward to riding more in the future, should be a blast.
ortega on your first ride out? mustve been scary for you near lake elsinor when you went down and up the mountain :nana:

shoot me a hello if you see a copper sv650s riding around!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i definately will say hi to you guys if i see ya. rode up next to a silver sv coming from the DMV in poway if anyone on here is that guy :p. the only time i got a little nervous on ortega was when i was heading west and the sun was setting and i couldnt see ****. now that sucked. but other than that it was a blast. although, i realised a cruise control for the highways will be worth its weight in gold, my right hand keeps going numb :p.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I ride ortega from time to time, I am the one with the yellow sv with red spiders on the front.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
oh and i am with the blue sv that is fully faired (cuts it down a lot :p)

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
ortega on your first ride out? mustve been scary for you near lake elsinor when you went down and up the mountain :nana:

shoot me a hello if you see a copper sv650s riding around!
Yeah, I wouldn't recommend Ortega Highway for someone who just passed the MSF course. Or Palomar for that matter. I ride both of those from time to time.

Glad you had fun though, keep it on the road.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I'm not a big fan of of new riders doing long rides. As you said, your muscles were tore up, and I'm betting your eyes and your brain were pretty fatigued too. That can cause you to be unready to handle unforeseen events, or even cause you to take chances because you're tired and sore and just want to get home. It's awesome being able to ride and ride, and congratulations for that, but take it easy so you'll be around to keep riding.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Oh man, my first ride, last April, was from DC up to RI when I bought my SV (in DC) and had to ride it home. Took 12 hours with LOTS of breaks, it was my first time out on public roads.

Fast forward 7 months, to my first time at Palomar in November- I almost p|ssed my pants, I was so scared! Fast forward another 4 months or so, to now, and it's my favorite road in SoCal. I try to hit it every weekend.

Ride safe, and don't get in over your head!

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
Oh man, my first ride, last April, was from DC up to RI when I bought my SV (in DC) and had to ride it home. Took 12 hours with LOTS of breaks, it was my first time out on public roads.

Fast forward 7 months, to my first time at Palomar in November- I almost p|ssed my pants, I was so scared! Fast forward another 4 months or so, to now, and it's my favorite road in SoCal. I try to hit it every weekend.

Ride safe, and don't get in over your head!
I love Palomar. We should meet up there sometime. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i have the post's bookmarked, i guess i can just put that little watch thing but im to lazy to use the forums tools :p. ill get in touch with matersin too.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts