Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, me and my buddy just picked up a 2003 SV650S with 8k miles on it for what we thought was a steal at 2900.

So far the issues are, scrape in the left upper fairing

rear brake messed up (either master cylinder or a leaking hose we haven't troubleshot it yet)

a horrendous slipping clutch.

We didn't take it out of the parking lot on the first drive (i know stupid of us) so we didn't get on it hard, the clutch is slipping from about 4K in every gear once we get on the power.

I fear the PO either put regular car oil in the bike or the clutch is faaar out of adjustment.

We are going to do a full oil change on it and adjust the clutch this weekend. Do you guys have any other ideas of what we might want to do to get the bike back to 100%?

Also does anyone know of any issues with the rear brake? the master cylinder seems to work and move smoothly but no pressure is built (it was dark so I have no clue if it had fluid in it)

Thanks in advance and hope to learn a lot about these bikes, I will probably buy this bike from my buddy once he is done with it. I currently ride its little brother a GS500F.

·
Registered
968 Posts
use google or search here for the clutch mantra. its pretty easy and should solve your problem barring any need to replace the clutch plates altogether. brakes wise, just make sure that you have fluid in the reservior and the line is bled properly. might as well do a full flush and replacement while your at it for both front an rear.

i would also make sure that the inside of the tank is clean and free of rust if it has been sitting for a while.

·
Premium Member
4,340 Posts
Have you down loaded the shop manual yet? Do the same kind of search to find the link. Having that will do you more good than any of my blathering on the subject.

·
Registered
920 Posts
First of all welcome to the forum. Second of all, the above poster recommending you to download the owners AND service manual (two separate pdf's available online) are imperative to you/your friend getting up to speed and learning to love this awesome bike!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts