Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At least I know what I did wrong.

I didn't replace the washer to the oil drain bolt. Didn't notice it was there and it fell into the oil pan. Do I need to do another change to immediately replace it or can I wait until the next time around?

Also, a short medium dose of white smoke out of the exhaust. Stopped, but is this normal?

Also, some kind of projectile from the exhaust when I gave it it's first rev. Know idea what it was, something small but noticed it out of the side of my eye. This is one of the first times I've started it up after winterizing.

Yup, a flawed first attempt.

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
At least I know what I did wrong.

I didn't replace the washer to the oil drain bolt. Didn't notice it was there and it fell into the oil pan. Do I need to do another change to immediately replace it or can I wait until the next time around?
If there is no washer on the drain bolt, do another change and put one on.

You don't want it to leak while driving.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
If there is no washer on the drain bolt, do another change and put one on.

You don't want it to leak while driving.
Well if it's not leaking after running the bike for a day or so then it won't leak for the next 3k to 6k miles. So just check after you've parked the bike to see if you're dripping.

Some don't replace the crush gasket at all others do. But if you are leaking then you shouldn't over tighten the plug to try to make it stop, do a quick change and reuse the oil over again. If you lost the gasket and need a new one this is the correct 99-09 SV part #

The tapered end goes into the crank case BTW.

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
i've done about 8 oil changes and NEVER replaced the seal, i just make sure it's clean.. never leaked...and don't tighten the shite out of it..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts