Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my first motorcycle jacket and gloves today for my birthday. Its a little early but my dad leaves town tomorrow so we did it tonight.

Ive been riding around in a lid and plain old jacket and gloves. Im super excited to have real gear now.

I went with the Icon Motorhead jacket and Cortech Vice gloves. Too bad the weather blows right now.

Picture time!

Try to blend in with the dogs.

Trying out the bike.

The wife trying out the new gear.

And a stunt!

Weeeee!!!!!

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
I'm jealous. I got the same jacket in black a couple days ago and it just doesnt fit right. gotta bring it back :(

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm jealous. I got the same jacket in black a couple days ago and it just doesnt fit right. gotta bring it back :(
Boo. I'm sorry to hear that. The guy at my dealership was super duper helpful in getting me the right fit. 2XL for a fatty like me.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Good thing I read the forum after a quick look at the picture. I thought that it was you in
the pink riding shoes. I did not think pink was the right color for you.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Nice look! I can suggest Danner Boots, normally used by police and military, they are great for riding. http://www.danner.com/category/uniform+boots.do
I have the acadia boots-good stuff.
Really? Those look too high for riding anything but a cruiser. You'd be constantly hitting the shifter or rear brake. Do you have them or have you used them? Most good riding boots have low toe/foot profiles so that shifting/braking is easier and so that the boot does not interfere in any way.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Good job getting some proper gear.
I too will advise on some boots.

I hope the weather turns and you can ride again!

Good thing I read the forum after a quick look at the picture. I thought that it was you in
the pink riding shoes. I did not think pink was the right color for you.
I thought the same thing and had to look a few times before I saw the captions. I was like, wait a second, somethin' don't add up... That didn't look like girl in the first pic, what gives?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I didn't see all these responses until just now. I don't know why I wasn't getting updated.

I will look into boots at your suggestions.

Next time you guys head up sag, shoot me a text. I'm always down to ride and I'm almost always by my self. Greg should have my number from that Lyons run we did a few weeks ago.

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
Yeah i just got the Icon Arc Jacket and some TCX X-Cube boots for my Bday last week. I'm loving the Arc so far.

*edit* Got a Joe rocket jacket with the bike but it was a tad too small.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts