Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
441 - 460 of 478 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Has anyone ever tried a shorty exhaust from a GSXR or something like that.

For example the Two brothers M2 shorty version?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Anything is possible!

But there are a few things to keep in mind.

1. When buying a slipon, a 52mm inner diameter is the way to go
2. A random exhaust with linkpipe will probably need modification

·
Registered
426 Posts
My home made muffler, 2.5 inch inside.
Nice can Sloniu! I have been flirting with the idea of making a race can and was interested in the approach you took to develop your muffler.

Did you use a slip-roll to bend sheet metal into a cylinder?
What technique did you use to make the link pipe connecting end?
Did you reuse any parts of another can? Or did you mold and replicate the CF tip?

Any issues or tips to offer for anyone looking to do something similar?

Again, kudos on the nice work!

·
Registered
22 Posts
This muffler was done by my friend :)
The sheathing is an aluminum pipe, outside diameter 102 mm, inside diameter 98 mm.
My collector's end is 63.5x1.5 mm, my friend take the same pipe and he cut it along and re-welded using an extra strap of metal - now the connecting end is 67x1.5 mm.
The CF top - it was done using mould made from wood and gelcoat, this is not a copy of aftermarket muffler :)
Inside the muffler there is steel wool and ECR fiber glass mat.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Leo Vince Hight Mount with fresh rear wheel from an '06 GSXR.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Anyone know if the header diameter on a micron full exhaust is bigger than stock? I got a Full micron system but i hate the look of the muffler. Im asking because I also have a Delkevic shorty slip-on which looks way better and was wondering if i could mount it onto the micron header. Thanks!

·
Greetings Program
6,274 Posts
Way too much noise, and has a negative performance effect. (Do you WANT to have the loudest bike in the city?)

·
Premium Member
2,107 Posts
Way too much noise, and has a negative performance effect. (Do you WANT to have the loudest bike in the city?)
+1. Tested it on my first gen. ANYTHING is better than that.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I've got a cone on mine. If baffled and packed well enough you can achieve that needed back pressure and bring the noise level down. I first tried mine without a baffle and il agree, was unbearable! But as soon as I got the insides sorted it's never been a problem. Runs and pulls no differently to the standard can and sounds loads better.

That's my opinion anyway :)

441 - 460 of 478 Posts