Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm going to be doing a dyno run of my first gen SV, and I'm wondering what kind of numbers I can expect from my bike at the rear wheel.

Edit: Please also let me know of the modifications done to the bike.

If you have some numbers, please let me know.

Thanks!

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: First gen - HP and Torque numbers

Nobody with real world numbers?

I'm sure someone has dynoed their first gen SV - help me out here!

·
Registered
4,244 Posts

With a de-snorkeled filter, 152.5 mains, 17.5 pilots, 2 shims, 2.5 turns a/f, and a full M4 race mount I ran 72.3 HP and 45.9 lb/ft torque.

·
Registered
187 Posts

2000 SV650 Stock 300miles = 66.1 STD HP

2000 SV650 Stock with micron pip, dynojet #130 mains, BMC fileter = 42.8 ft-lbs

mine hasn't been done recently but it should be around 82-90HP

·
Registered
2,066 Posts

becman said:
2000 SV650 Stock 300miles = 66.1 STD HP

2000 SV650 Stock with micron pip, dynojet #130 mains, BMC fileter = 42.8 ft-lbs

mine hasn't been done recently but it should be around 82-90HP
is this a race bike? if its a street bike please share what youve done.

K

·
0 Posts

what!!!
i ran my bike wednesday i got 64.5 hp and like 43 torque
with really good mid range power and i figured out its choppy up above 9 grand.]
jardine exhaust k&n raised tank

·
Registered
187 Posts

toobrokeforthat said:
is this a race bike? if its a street bike please share what youve done.
the engine was a prior race engine. it's been thoroughly ravaged by lee's performance in north carolina. new pistons, milled head, port & polish with oversize valves, intake manifold was replaced(i have no idea to what), all in all it is now bored out to 717cc's, then their's the dynojet jet kit, air filter and hmf engineering full exhaust. at it's peak, before i was the one on the bike, it dyno'ed at 91HP i think, with u4 race gas

it's fully street now, can be seen here http://forum.svrider.com/index.php?topic=45448.0

·
Registered
187 Posts

Kid Thunder said:
what!!!
i ran my bike wednesday i got 64.5 hp and like 43 torque
with really good mid range power and i figured out its choppy up above 9 grand.]
jardine exhaust k&n raised tank
there are many variables, such as elevation and temperature
for example, the same exact bike, 2000 sv650 at 59.1degreesF ambient temp = 65HP
but with the same specs at 75.9degreesF = 64.5HP

factor in air density at different elevations and wild fluctuations in HP are reasonable

·
Registered
27 Posts

Even with the same variables, it is not uncommon for different dynos to produce different numbers.
Measuring HP is not always an exact science, unfortunately.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Grrr.... Yeah, I got 66.2 HP and 42.7 ft-lbs of torque.  :mad:

This is with a full Muzzy system (with stepped headers, no less!), desnorkeled air filter, raised tank, 152.5 mains, 17.5 pilots, 2 shims on needle, and 2.5 turns on the A/F screw.

I'll post a pic of the dyno run sheet later on - but some one explain this to me: HP = TQ *RPM/5252, correct?

On my dyno sheet, the HP and TQ lines cross just north of 8 grand.  ??? What the hell is going on?

EDIT: Here's the scan:

·
Registered
91 Posts

HP and torque should cross around 5200 rpm. If your dyno sheet shows them crossing at a different spot, it is possible that they have two different scales, left and right, one for hp and one for torque?

If not, then your chart is wrong.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Yeah, there are two different scales for HP and TQ on the Y axes. But, the X axis the same for both - RPM.

·
Registered
47 Posts

Maritan said:
Yeah, there are two different scales for HP and TQ on the Y axes. But, the X axis the same for both - RPM.
It's pretty obvious they're plotted on two different axes. Your max torque is 42.7. The right axis scale is just missing.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Even the printout I have doesn't have the TQ scale marked on it.

Whatever the scale of the Y axes though, the X axis is a constant for both of them - that should mean that at a given RPM, whatever the scales of the Y axes, the HP or TQ plotted should be at that RPM.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Regardless of having a common axis, if the other axis is not the same, the plots will not line up. If you re-map it to share the same axis numbers, they match up at roughly 5200rpms. Torque is about 37 ftlbs at this location.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts