Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought i would share my stupid story. I havent dropped a bike in a year and on friday i dropped it at a stop light hahahah.

I installed some rear set risers and then went for a ride with a bunch of peeps. Forgot the slight change in peg position and went to put my foot down on the peg and the off set peg caused my foot to pivot right onto the shifter........ Went into first without my hands fully on the bars and down it went from my death grip front brake.

No damage at all except a little scratch on my fork slider and bar end. But man i felt dumb. Dropped it right in front of 20 other riders.

Sad irony is my buddy was laughing at me and then highsided trying to do a burnout going 65 mph on the freeway five seconds later. No gear equals ridiculous road rash......... His first time riding without a jacket, done that trick a million times.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No my friends are stupid lol. They are all stunters, so they do crazy wheelies slow or fast and lots of tricks on every ride. No video of the crash because the guys with the go pros were doing wheelies in front of the pack. Have some successfull burnouts on the freeway and drifts with the go pro probably LOL. He just bought the gsxr1000 and put an extended swing arm on it so because he cant do wheelies anymore he was burning out everywhere.......

I didnt get adjustable ones, i just bought the one up one back plates from svrp. Im glad i did because the brake line for the reservoir is at its limit and im very happy with the new position.

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
No my friends are stupid lol. They are all stunters, so they do crazy wheelies slow or fast and lots of tricks on every ride. No video of the crash because the guys with the go pros were doing wheelies in front of the pack. Have some successfull burnouts on the freeway and drifts with the go pro probably LOL. He just bought the gsxr1000 and put an extended swing arm on it so because he cant do wheelies anymore he was burning out everywhere.......
Please encourage your stupid friends to not stunt on public roads, much less freeways. Do it away from traffic.

:facepalm:

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
But then how will they look so cool?
I was riding on Mira Mesa blvd (in San Diego) and was stopped at a light. Some kid in no gear rolls up on his GSXR next to me, sees that there's a chick on a bike next to him, and proceeds to take off when the light turns green, does a stand-up wheelie, sets it down, looks back at me while still standing on the pegs and grabs his crotch.

Yeah, that's really cool!

I gave him the finger to show him how impressed I was.

·
Registered
63 Posts
That sucks man... I almost dropped my bike parking without no other cars near me and no excuse. Luckily I scrambled and saved it but it was very close. Those inclined parking lots are tricky sometimes when duck walking bike to park. lol.

Glad nothing big was broke tho.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Everyone drops their bike. I dropped mine at 2 mph while trying to wave at another rider. I literally fell over on my butt. I laid there for a good 30 secs laughing at myself until a lady ran over with a 911 call in progress.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Well, we've all paid stupid tax. Yours was cheap. You've probably already realized the stoplight practices that would have prevented that from happening.

You might want to refer to Nick Ienatsch's Sport Riding Techniques in the group riding chapter. One recommendation of his seems especially apropos, "Don't ride with idiots.". Not only can they get you arrested, hurt or killed, after a while the stupid starts rubbing off all over you. Hopefully it's not too late.

As to the standup wheelie dude, it would appear that both the crotch-grabber and the bird-flipper had their communication skills and thought patterns on the same level. :facepalm:

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was riding on Mira Mesa blvd (in San Diego) and was stopped at a light. Some kid in no gear rolls up on his GSXR next to me, sees that there's a chick on a bike next to him, and proceeds to take off when the light turns green, does a stand-up wheelie, sets it down, looks back at me while still standing on the pegs and grabs his crotch.

Yeah, that's really cool!

I gave him the finger to show him how impressed I was.
Yea i have seen lots of those idiots on mira mesa blvd. What they dont think about is they are on MIRA MESA BLVD lol. Heavily populated streets with not the greatest of drivers :)

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Please encourage your stupid friends to not stunt on public roads, much less freeways. Do it away from traffic.

:facepalm:
There is nothing i can say to these guys, they have been stunting since they were little. Many of them have been in near fatal accidents and still hop back on the bike and do it. I actually dont ride with them much because they are nuts but every once in awhile i think nice cruise and it turns into stunt show.

Every thursday night masses of stunters get together in mira mesa. Just an FYI

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oh yea and he is fine since he just posted a youtube vid if some burnouts on the same bike at a stunt spot with his arms bandaged from the road rash hahahaha. Crazy i tell you crazy!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts