Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all! My name is Thomas and i just purchased my 2002 sv650s. I'm in Fredericksburg, VA. Me and some friends are actually headed down to Richmond tomorrow and sunday, to take the MSF beginner course, and get our license. obviously this is my first bike, and i'm excited to start learning how to ride. I definately want to be as safe as i can, like i said i'm taking the msf course with some friends, i've already got my protective gear, i plan to start out easy, and take my time learning how to ride, and i've got my older brother, whose already got experience riding to help me out. Any tips for a newbie rider?

heres a pic of my bike:

it already has, a two brothers slip on, tinted windscreen, frame sliders, fender eliminator and a fresh paint job.

future plans are:
-turn signals, flush mounts up front and short stalks in the rear
-oem solo seat cowl, and !grab bar
-good set of headlight bulbs
-new fork springs and oil

·
Registered
358 Posts
Congrats and smart move to take the MSF right away. You will learn a lot about riding in the time you are there. Take the instructors advice and make sure to take it easy as you learn. Dont get caught up with the adrenaline of riding a motorcycle, it is dangerous and respect the power of the bike. Ride safe and enjoy.

Keith

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
welcome!

glad to hear that you and some buddies are taking the MSF course. make sure to get all the proper gear and whatnot as well. be patient in the class and you will learn a lot from it!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Congrats. Glad to see that you're paying attention to safety and learning. Take it slow and keep riding...like everything else in life, the more you do it the better you'll get.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So after more than a week of being in the shop, the day after i bought it! I finally get to ride my bike tomorrow night, after work i'm pretty excited, since i've had to wait so long. I feel like a kid whose been told christmas was moved back a week lol.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
I was at that same bike shop not too long ago. I was visiting home (I'm from Stafford) and tried to see some of the local bikes for sale. I didn't spot that blue curvy though, nice snag.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Good for you!!
You sound like a smart young man - not like me a long time ago... and I've survived so far. ( I was young, but not as smart as you!)
Be careful and have fun.
Most dangerous time is after a few weeks when you're confident & think you have it wired.
Play around with a bicycle on a slippery surface, sliding front & back at slow speeds, learning how it feels. Hope you won't slide the SV, but it's good to refine your instincts.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts