Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to stop in here and say hi to everyone.

Got my first bike about a week ago, a dropped '04 SV650s, and have been getting it repaired/modded to what I want.

I've got a build thread going on HERE if you want to check out any specifics.

Here she is the night I brought her home.

And here she is today :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi,

I like to know how do you set the gauge and how many did the headlight cost ? ( or give me me a link t buy it )

thanks

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welcome :eek:ccasion14:

FAP13: I don't know if you looked at the build thread but there is a little bit more on the bracket in there. But anyways, here is another picture of the gauge bracket. I made it by using a 1"x1"x1/8" thick 90 degree aluminum bar stock and cutting and bending it to get the gauge in the position I wanted. I then used another piece of flat 1/8" thick bar to make the 90 degree bend you see in the right of the picture. Hope that helps.

The headlight was from Delkevic and was 65 usd.

·
Registered
43 Posts
How is the palstidip holding up to the bug splatter?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How is the palstidip holding up to the bug splatter?
I'm still in the process of getting the bike ready for the street so no real wear report yet. I will report back once I put some miles on it. However, it seems to take direct hits rather decently, I have nicked it a few times with the end of a wrench with no ill effects. But it does seem to scratch really easily, if I try and wipe it down to get the dirt off the dirt leaves trace scratches in the finish.

For a $15 dollar temporary solution I think it works alright... But wouldn't recommend it for a permanent paint job.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just wanted to update on the plasti dip.

I've put several hundred miles on the bike this week and the plasti dip has handled it very well. There was one chip, probably from a rock - I've been waiting on a front fender, but I just sprayed over it and it looks good again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts