Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my co-workers works at a Bike repair shop/used M/C sales, and they charge $65 for the initial 600 mile service which included an oil/K&N filter change, complete wash/dry, chain tightened/cleaned/lubed, all bolts tightened and adjustment of the clutch assembly.

Oh and BTW, I was with the owner of the shop as he worked on my bike and he was kind enough to let me see everything he did. Since I knew one of his workers, he only charged me $55.00 for the entire first service. He said the next service will be $65. I was amazed how easy everything was. He used this cleaner that he poured in a plastic container and it attached to the chain, then he spun the back wheel and the chain was like new again. He said he sells that as well if I wanted to DIY.

BTW, the rip off stealership wanted $150.00. Amazing that they can charge that. I will have to throw away the 15% coupon they offered me after I bought my bike.

I love small businesses! :)

·
Registered
482 Posts
JPDD said:
Well done...What state do you live in?
Yes, please tell. I'm willing to take a 500 mile trip if they're only charging $65 for the service. :eek:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Colorado Springs, Colorado.  Place is called 4-Play Motorsports.

Hmmm, after looking at the receipt, its $65 + oil/filter.  He gave me 50% off my first service.  Still not a bad bargain though.  He did say the next service is $65 and that included oil/filter.

Total came out to $63.00 after tax

Total came out to $63.00. 

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This establishment definately has my business from now on. Its a very small shop, but the service is unbeatable!
Doesn't have any bell/whistles like most new M/C dealerships but you can't beat the rate anywhere!

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Realtively speaking that's a good deal. But its still expensive for an oil change and a chain cleaning. My oil is $6 a gallon and the filter is $10. I do all my own work and that costs me nothing but my time... which I enjoy giving.

Oh and no tax! ;)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I hear ya, after I get my lift, I am all set for DIY activities!  Don't forget I got my entire bike washed (which included using an air hose to get the water out of the nook/crannies), chain was tightened, and the clutch was adjusted.   I could not have done that at home, well the chain tightening.

Overall I think it was a great inexpensive first service compared to what other people pay!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ZMax650S said:
I hear ya, after I get my lift, I am all set for DIY activities!  Don't forget I got my entire bike washed (which included using an air hose to get the water out of the nook/crannies), chain was tightened, and the clutch was adjusted.   I could not have done that at home, well the chain tightening.

Overall I think it was a great inexpensive first service compared to what other people pay and considering I am a newbie at all of this, I could have been taken to the cleaners!

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
I think you got ripped off, no way to do everything that's supose to be done in a half hour

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
ZMax650S said:
$30-$35 is a half hour labor for most.
he's talking about what "should" have been done for the 600 mile service.

but it looks like you just got an oil change, simple clutch adjustment, chain tightening and a wash. not a bad deal for what you got, but i don't think it was a "complete" 600 mile service

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
ZMax650S said:
so whats a complete 600 mile service?  He did everything according to the Maint/ manual?
I'm just saying I don't beleive anybody who tells me it can be done in 1/2 hour

1 - 19 of 19 Posts