Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All!!

I've been hanging out on this forum for about a month now, and you guys finally did it! Just reading the posts was enough for me to bite the bullet and get an SVS. This is my first bike and I just got it yesterday. I'm so excited I can't even express it in words! I really appreciate the help I was given on this forum in buying a bike (what to look for, price, etc....) and I can't wait to give back to the SV community!

That being said, here's my girl! After a few really frustrating weeks following dead ends on Craigslist and even getting lied to by a motorcycle dealership, I found her. It worked out great in the end! I also think I ended up getting a pretty dang good price on her, too. Here's the info:

2006 RED SV650S
3,100 Miles
"Motosliders" Frame and Swingarm Sliders
Leo Vince SBK Carbon Fiber Exhaust (this thing turns heads! :eek:)
Looks practically BRAND NEW!!!

All in all, I paid $3800. Curious to know what you guys think of that price, but I'm pretty satisfied. The previous owner didn't really seem to be a motorcyclist at all and he probably didn't even redline my girl!

Got some "Wizards" wax and "303 Aerospace protectant" on the way. Once they get here I'll really be able to get her in showroom condition. These will have to do for now, after just a basic soap and water wash:

First mods are to:
1.) Get rid of that shovel on the back. Just can't find a good looking undertail that has decent (bright/visible enough) blinkers. Any ideas?

2.) Get the "plug and play" brake light modulator from www.vizi-tec.com

3.) Wheel tape anyone? www.tapeworks.com seem to have some cool ideas. Maybe the super reflective kind that looks awesome at night. Not sure what this would look like. Anyone have a red SV that's done this mod?

The list just goes on and on.... but these are my starting points. I'm focusing on safety/look/style for the moment. I'm just a beginning rider so I think I'll be ok with the factory mechanical parts for a little while.

Man, this forum is great.

THANKS GUYS!!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the previous owner bought it from the dealer after he bought the bike. It hurts my head to think about how much it must have cost him. I'm guessing somewhere around $300. You can find em around the Internet for a bit less, maybe $250 on eBay. Good luck!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts