Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally installed this shock:

http://www.svrider.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80817

I bought it waaaaay back in 2008 but finally got around to installing it according to these instructions:

http://www.svrider.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80387

Goofing off a little while suspending the bike. We used a ladder and ratcheting ties downs along with the rear stand. We also secured the handlebars, but they weren't bearing any load.

Installed:

And the bike all put back together:

All in all, it was pretty easy, though having two people made all the difference.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
2008 was 4 years ago man, haha

You could have probably sold that shock for $150 the way the market for them is right now

Have you ridden teh bike? I have the same one on mine and its much better than the stock one

BTW, its too late now, but you could have easily flipped the pegs upside down and put jackstands underneath them. I didn't remove the wheel/tire, plastics, seat, etc.

Should make the bike much more fun though

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2008 was 4 years ago man, haha

You could have probably sold that shock for $150 the way the market for them is right now

Have you ridden teh bike? I have the same one on mine and its much better than the stock one

BTW, its too late now, but you could have easily flipped the pegs upside down and put jackstands underneath them. I didn't remove the wheel/tire, plastics, seat, etc.

Should make the bike much more fun though
Yeah...work and a baby got in the way. And I wasn't riding the bike much the last few years. I only rode it around the block so I can't really say I've ridden it. But it does feel much more stable in turns on the rough pavement around my house. I don't have jack stands so this was my best option. It actually worked very well. The pic was only a joke. We didn't actually have to lift anything. I removed the rear plastics because I was doing a few other things that required it. Also changed out the rear brake pads and bled them. A morning well spent.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts