Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The ice in front of my garage finally melted and I was able to get the SV out to get a better look at what I did over the winter. There was barely enough room to stand around it so I couldn't get a good look at it before. It was totally stock when I put it away in the fall. I put on a TBR M2 CF slipon, a CF windshield, an Evotech fender eliminator, a seat cowl, and a Bestem CF "ram air cowl." The temps were around 20 degrees or less when I installed all this stuff. here's some camera phone pics

·
Registered
68 Posts
I normally don't like carbon fiber add-ons so much but windshield with the gold screws really works. Interesting to see a bike fashioned after a pipe. Good work.

- Jordan

·
Registered
601 Posts
that all looks awesome. I have the same 2 bros exhaust and love it, do you like the sound. Somehow I got a version that is slightly shorter though I think. How long is the actual can?

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
carbon fiber windscreen is pretty cool. on your particular bike i think a color matched one would have looked awesome. i think SVs looks awesome with a rear cowl instead of a seat, and minus the grab rail too.

i don't see why suzuki doesn't make the rearsets black just like the rest of the frame. it would look so much better if they were.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I didn't know what to expect when I bought the TBR exhaust. I figured it would sound very similar to stock but louder. It sounds very different from stock. It's a bit on the loud side for me but it sounds just plain mean. I love how it sounds. More important to me is the loss of the stock giant shiny fart-can look. I got rid of the three ugliest things on the bike-the stock exhaust, the square brick of a passenger seat, and the stock fender. I was thinking of maybe just using rattle can bedliner on the heel gaurds so there wouldn't be as much silver. There's no way I could justify spending so much money to get aftermarket black rearsets when the stock ones work fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts