Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all just spent the weekend finishing off my gsxr fork swap and doing a few other bits to the bike

These are the bits iv put on

Gsxr1000 k4 front forks + calipers
750 k2 tripleclamp
k7 750 rear shock
Carbon mudguard
WRP discs
EBC hh sintered pads
HEL braided hoses
Avon viper sports

Iv also put on a diy exhaust bracket, meshed the fairing cutouts and put my mini indys on

heres a piccy

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just used some mesh my mate had bought from the local diy/hardware shop an then i painted it with some vht matt black paint, it come out quite good in the end

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
wow! very impressive. you should enter it for next months SV of the month.

could you post a picture with description of the rear exhaust bracket you made?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah sure il get some pics of the exhaust bracket and a bit of a write up done on thursday when i can get to my bike next, should hopefully get some better pics of it now iv got 3 days off work and im doing a trackday on friday ;D how do u go about doing the sv of the month, never been sure how people get nominated 4 it?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Iv only been out on it once for ten minutes jus to make sure its alright, it feels great now no more diving under braking an it just smooths out all the small bumps, il know what its like more when i bed everything in though :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Heres a few pics of the exhaust bracket, i just made it out of 2mm steel and painted it in vht matt black paint

·
Premium Member
788 Posts
wow! very impressive. you should enter it for next months SV of the month.

could you post a picture with description of the rear exhaust bracket you made?
Ditto please! :) I want to make one for my 1G SV... that one looks super nice!
how did you get the corners so clean? How did you determine what angle to bend everything at, and where the hanger should "hang"?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The bracket was a bit of a guess really, i jus put my can and link pipe on and tightened it where i wanted it. The problem i found with connecting the exhaust up to the rear footpeg before was it never looked in line with the bike and looked like it was sticking out slightly. When it was in place i jus got the tape measure out and took down some rough measurements, luckily i work in engineering so making it was the easy part.
I found some steel in one of the scrap bins at work and drawn out an outline of the shape i wanted then i chopped out and drilled/sawn/filed the middle hole out to get the look i wanted. I managed to get the bends done really well cos my mate works in the sheet metal dept. so he got it spot on for me :) i grit blasted it and painted it and it now looks like this ;D
I did paint the calipers after i stripped and grit blasted em, i used some vht engine enamel on them which probably isnt the best stuff to use but i couldnt find any matt black brake caliper paint. i think because iv grit blasted them the paint should be alright especially after i managed to get brake fluid all over em when i was bleeding them and it hasnt come off yet!!

·
Premium Member
1,444 Posts
Very nice looking ;). Be sure to attach those lower fairings together at the bottom there though. You're going for roughly the same style/shape as what I did with my bike.

Maybe some SV650R stickers would be nice?

All in all, very nice. Definetly worth a Nomination to SVotM

1 - 18 of 18 Posts