Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure what to think of it.  Although I do think it looks better then the pics of the black 1K kit floating around on the net.

I think I would have to revise the plate/signal mount.

Anyone heard one of these kits?

·
Registered
200 Posts
I was looking at one for my R1. The only importer is superbikes.com
Rather pricey and unsure of the power gains. They look nice and cound great, but I was not about to drop $700 for a slip-on

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This place also sells it for I think what is cheaper then indysuperbikes has it at.

http://www.tireexpress.com/category.cfm/2327

After looking at it for a bit I think I agree with nova. I just figured I would throw it out on the table as I was searching around thismorning and had seen this setup come up a few times with no real pic.

Nova I think you are probably right about the weight.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was trying to find the thread thismorning of the guy that put the 600rr exhaust on his sv. Anyone remember who that was. Just wondering how progress was coming along on that custom install.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You think 700 is bad, for what it is that is not bad at all.

:D

I wonder what it would look like Jet hot coated in a satin black.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Mr. Black said:
You think 700 is bad, for what it is that is not bad at all.

:D

I wonder what it would look like Jet hot coated in a satin black.
it would look great, just even more expensive

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not when you know somebody in the business of coatings. ;)

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am still contemplating this poser exhaust hehe.

I sure would like to hear it though.

·
Registered
212 Posts
i asked around a bit. i asked super streetbikes becaue they put one on a 600 and they said that it doesnt offer as much HP gain as other companies but sounds incredible...

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
dom said:
i asked around a bit. i asked super streetbikes becaue they put one on a 600 and they said that it doesnt offer as much HP gain as other companies but sounds incredible...
I'm sorry, but I wouldnt give a rat's ass if it added no horsepower at all, as long as it sounded pretty good. It's so friggin gorgeous!

man, I am just drooooling. I dont know what it is...the dual mufflers, the fact that they're small, the tight undertail high mount, the fender eliminator/license plate bracket that looks like it just FITS (I assume that comes with the kit, right? this pipe doesnt look like it would fit at all with the stock snow shovel)...just the whole package, it's just badass. wish I had $700 to blow, I would definately have one.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Wow, that is the nicest SV exaust I have seen. The renegades and even the Ixil look sort of cheesy

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here is a pic of the 1000 kit with conventional outlets.  Appearantly you can get the 650 kit with the conventional outlets instead of the billet thingies.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I think I am gonna start saving my money. ;D

J

·
0 Posts
There was a motorcycle mag a few months ago that threw a set of these on there gsxr 750 project bike and they made a 3.2hp increase over stock from what the mag published. However they did not post a weight for the system.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Good info to know jaycee. Thank you.

Any power gain is great but if it were zero and the sound and poseriffic look was right I would be happy.

I have come to the conclusion that a few pounds of weight is no big deal. LOL I am not racing and never will be.

If I need to worry about a couple pounds I can lose it from the gut.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts