Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So after much ado and waiting and shipping I finally finished all the modifications I wanted to finish before the nice weather! Here they are, on my 2008 naked sv650 pics at the end.

Hotbodies undertail:
Very nice fit and finish, the color is a little off but hard to notice. Kind of hard to install as it just goes over the stock wheel well which makes it really tight. You also have to drill holes in the undertail for plate mounting and you have to drill holes into the trunk for the lights. Oh well no biggy, just sealed them up with some sealant. Motosport.com sent me the wrong year undertail at first which made me really confused, but they worked it, out reimbursed me shipping and got me the new one asap! great customer service on their part. The lights are an orangeish which I was kind of perplexed about, but they are more visible then I thought they would be after reading on here which was a plus. Overall I am very happy with the undertail, I lost the mounting bracket for my fuse box in the switch, but I just put Velcro on it and mounted it near the tail light out of the way.

License plate:
I know this isn't much of a mod, but i opted for the acorn led plate hardware. I figured I do a decent amount of night riding and so i wanted a tag light just to keep a little less chance at being pulled over. I like them, they emit a decent amount of light, the wires they come with however are super super super short. I am wondering about the legality as well, I don't know if they might look too much like backing lights and could confuse someone? I don't know, but I am happy with them anyways.

Tire hugger:
I bought the 2008 tire hugger OEM color matched from amazon because I heard it was the only one that mounted perfect. LIES! not a huge deal I just had to drill a hole about an inch back on the right side and toss out the stock brake line holder for it to mount nicely. Oh well, not a huge set back, I don't think that rake line holder did much anyways. I'm please with the tire hugger, it has a very close color match and a good finish. Also looks a lot better then the plain old chain guard. we will see how it holds up though.

Clear alternative integrated smoked tail light:
After I heard how bad the signals were on the hotbodies i decided an integrated tail light might not be to bad. The first one i got had an out led... S***! but I returned it to clear alternatives and they as well have amazing customer service and got it back very quickly. the install went very well with the back all apart anyways for the undertail, and wiring was a snap. the light is not much more dim then the stock LED's. I think a lot has to do with it not being red plastic and instead smoked plastic color. I think it is plenty visible though. The turns signals and hazards look very nice with the dual strip LED as well:D. I would buy this again any day! Just hope the LEDs don't burn out as fast as some say they do.

K&N air filter:
After taking mine out to install the K&N after 5k miles it was hardly dirty at all. Oh well, I like the washability so i decided to get one. Can't really tell any difference but its nice to have.

Talon alarm system t-3300ip
Wow, is all i have to say. After getting past all the wiring. And YES PLEASE OPT FOR THE SUZUKI WIRING, it is so much easier to plug and play rather then splice, I think this was a great purchase. For just around 200 bucks I got a shock sensor, perimeter sensor, tilt sensor, accelerometer, 2 wireless remote, current sensor, and starter immobilizer. It was not that bad of an install and i still have 90% of my truck! after finding a good spot for the main module and everything I tried it out and tweaked it. It basically has two modes, everything on and everything but the perimeter sensor on. The tilt accelerometer shock sensor is very good, i can hardly hit the handle bars and it warns me with a little few beeps, if i do it again in a short amount of time then the whole thing goes off, or if i just hit it a decent amount to start with or try to move the handlebars like i was trying to move it it would start the whole kit and kabudle. the siren is pretty loud even in my trunk and it hooks up to the lights as well, just like a normal car alarm.
The perimeter sensor is even more amazing. i have it set at the least sensitive right now and i get just under a foot from it and it beeps once, it i dont move away it beeps twice if i still don't move after about 8 seconds the full alarm goes off. I turned it the most sensitive and it went off at about 5ish feet. WOW, i was impressed. By far i think one of the best purchases i have made for this bike.
To top it all off it comes with a red led that blinks to tell people i "might" have an alarm ha ha. i put this off the the left of the cluster back in the recessed area, it looks very nice and stock and bright!

Swingarm Sliders:
Bought motosliders swingarm sliders and frame sliders, havent got the frame sliders yet, but im really impressed with the swingarm sliders, and they work great for a rear stand!

Previous install:
Leo-vince Slip-on:
I installed this last year, and after a little bit of hacking and an hour or so of me and my ex's time, it was installed. i was very happy with it, it seems to give a bit more power possibly, but it for sure gives more smile to my face. i decided to also take out the silencer. It's loud, but by no means harley loud. I am very happy with the fit and finish of the aluminum slip on and very happy i went with leo-vince, one of the bet sounding slip ons i have heard in my opinion.

Sorry for the amount of pictures if it takes too long, also sorry for the crappy pictures, its cold and rainy out and had no time to give it a bath. Maybe ill get some better ones once it gets nicer out!

Just lights

Hazards

No lights on

Alarm LED

Any questions please ASK! thanks this is the forum that inspired me!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Nice job! Just a quick question though. In the picture(s) of the tail, what are those little horizontal clusters of 4 LEDS? I thought at first they were reflections, but are they the plate lights you added? They look cool either way, or maybe I'm just seeing a ghost image. Either way, good job on the work.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are the turn signals that are a part of the hotbodies undertail. Great idea, but kinda of underlit.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
UPDATE!!! So, after riding not more than 200 miles with the remote on its keychain on my key, i have lost the remote someone on a mile stretch of road in downtown milwaukee at 12:30 in the morning... It was a pretty small hook and i shouldnt have used it :(... wish me luck in the morning finding it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Oh man.. Thanks for taking one for the team, you've inspired me to take the fob off my keychain and keep it in my jacket.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
da** chinese made things ha ha. at least they come with two, i am going to call the company today and see what they say, see if alot of others had the same problem or what

·
Registered
55 Posts
Lookin good....I think I have the same plate light sitting in my garage waiting to be installed. Did you wire it straight to the stock plate light setup?

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
yeah, but you forgot to cut the can!!

shorten that puppy up about 9"..

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeh, i just chopped the connectors off the old fender and wired them to that. easy enough, just the wires were almost to short, kind of a pain to wire since i was too lazy to extend the wires.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts