Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally found the time to finish my SV six-fitty, so here she is. I originally planned to mount the gsxr light that I have in the sharkskinz but after closer inspection that would take a lot more effort that i have right now. So the lights are only a temporary solution, tell me what you think...

K

·
0 Posts
Ive always liked the look of a blue or red bike with white wheels. It looks pretty darn good to me! I kinda actually LIKE the lights down there, go figure....

·
Registered
485 Posts
Best looking 2002 and under that i have seen yet.
Came together real nice.
Nice work dude!

·
Registered
158 Posts
kevinb120 said:
Ive always liked the look of a blue or red bike with white wheels.   It looks pretty darn good to me!   I kinda actually LIKE the lights down there, go figure....
+1 it just gives it that different look everyone's looking for

·
Registered
336 Posts
def. like it, i've been plannin on doin the lights the same way, but now i think i'm just gonna go pure race. props though.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
MagpieTear said:
I like the look with the lights below. No clearance issues with them like that?
that was definately something that I thought about. After compressing the forks as much as i could i decided that it was unlikely that they would hit the front wheel fender. After putting them on and doing some severe emergency brake testing i could not get the lights to touch. if they ever did touch though, the sharkskinz are pretty flexible and it would just push up where the lights are giving me an extra 1inch or so of clearance, but i doubt it will ever happen.

And about the sharkskinz quality, they are quite flexible compared to plastic stock fairings but also, in my opinion very strong.

and thanks for honest reviews, this is the first bike that i have put a lot of effort in to making it my own unique style, it's a unique feeling knowing that there is no other SV that looks exactly like mine(good or bad).

J

·
0 Posts
It looks sweet. The only thing i would change would be to get clear flushmounts for the front. I would also get some smaller lights for the front then mount them in the bodywork and cut out holes for them. I have seen this done a few times and it looks great when done right. Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Nice job, I am not fond of the lights though. How about if you cut holes the size of those lights and mount them strategically in the nose?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Tazz said:
Nice job, I am not fond of the lights though. How about if you cut holes the size of those lights and mount them strategically in the nose?
that definately has been a consideration, i just don't have the time right now to do anything that extensive but that is probably what i will end up doing

1 - 20 of 57 Posts