Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was on my way to work this morning taking my usual route when I come up to a turn that I don't really like. It's a right turn at the bottom of a hill onto a tight street and I guess my turn was too tight and I ended up lowsiding it... Of course the first thing I think (after I see that I'm ok) is I'm going to flip the bike over and find a huge dent in the tank. Well luckily I did pretty much no damage to the bike other than a bent handlebar and scratched brake lever. I guess it could have been worse...

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
Sorry to hear about it but at least you werent hurt and it sounds like the bike was relatively unscathed, minus the handlebar and lever!

·
Registered
41 Posts
No kidding, I would say that turned out great! nothing too major to fix up and you walked away.
now go back and show that corner who's boss! :)

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No kidding, I would say that turned out great! nothing too major to fix up and you walked away.
now go back and show that corner who's boss! :)
Already did haha. Went back and ran it a couple of times until I was able to do it without problems. Yeah all I need is a new handlebar...I tried to bend the old one back and got it pretty straight but I'll still buy a new one. I have to say that I did considerably less damage to this bike than I did to my R1...

Broke off the brake lever, scratched the fairing, fender, tail, right side fairing, mirror, right clip on, both sets of footpegs, rear brake lever, and dented the frame with the bar ends. Long story short I just ended up selling it since it would have been way too much money to replace all that crap.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Do you have framesliders? If not, the $70 investment is worth a $200 tank (for the future). Live and learn, that's the only way to ride.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
whats the story behind the R1 mishap?

My dad had an R1 that he hated because he said it was too uncomfortable so he gave it to me and not long after I wrecked it... hadn't really learned to ride a motorycle yet so it wasn't a good bike to start on.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Glad to see you're ok, have you figured out exactly what you did wrong that caused the lowside? I dont understand what you said about your turn being too tight....
I'm not really sure what happened, but it was like I was leaning too much for the turn and the bike just plain fell over and slid out from under me.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
sounds like everything made it out ok, including yourself. it happens though. i need to get some motosliders for mine before anything happens.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I'm not really sure what happened, but it was like I was leaning too much for the turn and the bike just plain fell over and slid out from under me.
Sounds like you must have cut the throttle?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts