Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after about 2 weeks and lotsa money later, I'm finally done with the first phase of my mods :-D Here's a list of what I did...

1) Flush Mounted Front and Rear Turn Signals

2) Changed headlight to xenon bulbs and parking light to blue xenon bulb

3) Threw in a Thor Security System

4) Added custom grips and chrome bar sliders <sliders still in the mail>

5) Replaced Front and Rear Tires with Dunlops

6) Replaced the Stock Exhaust with a Scorpion High Mount Stainless Slip-On

Next thing i plan on getting is Nate's Frame Sliders  ;D

Here are some pics lemme know what you think!!!

These links are for some videos I made at work today so you can get a feel for what the Scorp High Mount Slip-on sounds like. This thing is seriously loud as a MOFO!!! I couldn't believe it when I heard it hahaha it literally shook the ground that the bike was on... Revving this thing was just insane...while I'm riding, even with a helmet on, the sound is still loud enough to hurt my ears  ;D WWWHHHEEEE!!!! One of you guys said it best, "the stock can sounds like a sewing machine, but my scorp high mount can says don't fuk with me" Since i work at a Gov Job, within 3 minutes of me standing in the parking lot taking pictures of my bike and making movies, these two security guards show up and asked us what we're doing??? ahahahaha they weren't worried about me speeding or anything, they were more worried about me taking pictures of the buildings. Apparently, the rule is that I can take pictures and videos of the wildlife refuge across the street but can't have anything with the buildings in it. lol it was kinda funni but anywayz, here's the vids! The little clicking sound is my camera trying to focus while trained on me. You guys know you like that little backpack attachment on my jacket  ;) Its removeable!!!

Not too sure if these work all that well...putfiles seems to be B****y towards me  ???

http://media.putfile.com/Downshift

http://media.putfile.com/Startup82

http://media.putfile.com/Gear-Change

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
looks good....for a first gen ;)

at least it's silver!

better hurry up and get the sliders if you dont want to ruin everything else you just put on

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I love these xenon bulbs I got them at 5200K color temp so its pretty bright and has a slight hint of blue which i like  ;D Its pretty useful at night and i like these better then the stock yellow ones  :p

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
illegal? bleh...i guess i'll get those white xenon ones when they come in...the blue ones where the last thing they had in that size...

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
dammit the stupid startup vid doesn't work...I'll make another one and put on putfile.com later cuz its being bitchy about me changing the name to WMV and changing it back to MOV...does it work for any of you guyz???

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I got them off of ebay :p just keep the color temp around 5000k and you'll have more useable light then blue light...

·
Registered
109 Posts
Good job with the bike! Looks exactly like mine, except all my aftermarket crap is sitting in my condo with no time to install!
BTW, where'd you get the exhaust? Coleman's?

·
Registered
415 Posts
awsome man, love it when people secksy up a first gen. Wish I could pump money into mine.

And I have a red light in front, been 8 months havn't gotten pulled over yet. You have to have a cop that is realy bored to pull you over for that (at least in Cali) they have better things to do.

And if they do, *shrug* its a $10 fix it ticket.

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
looks good..... for a first gen ;D

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hahaha i dunno why everyone keep hounding the first gen ;D I mean its not as sharp edged as the 2nd gen...but in reality, I think the body of the 2nd gen is a little bit too short so it makes the wheels look huge and the body tiny...1st gen is more symetrical 8) Heh either way, if I found this deal with a 2nd svs, i woulda still bought it so I guess I just like svs in general ;)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts