Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so a few months ago i got in a small low speed wreck. and it sucked. i was going around a fairly sharp curve and caught a WICKED bump and went off the road. i figure that i hit the ground going about 30 or 35 ish. i was fine but my bike needed a new radiator, shift lever, headlight, headlight mount, all the headlight brackets, and a small scratch on the tail cone. now however it is all fixed with a few more parts installed. :) as of now i have the OEM tail cowl, OEM chain hugger, and a Eurobikes fender eliminator (which i highly suggest)
anyways here are some pics of the new bike after its been fixed and modded. i think it looks HOT. i'll post more pics soon cuz i need to photoshop out my plate first. but there is a few for now

·
Registered
63 Posts
very clean bike man.. glad the wreck wasn't any worse than it was for ya.

V

·
0 Posts
Very nice, but a word of caution to you. If you hit a big bump or compress the rear very much, your tag is going to be toast. Especially if you still have the stock pogo stick shock. I had mine mounted like that and hit a huge pothole once the rear tire bent it to hell and back. The rear travels a lot farther than you think.

Glad you are back on the road.

·
Registered
127 Posts
vtwinheaven said:
Very nice, but a word of caution to you. If you hit a big bump or compress the rear very much, your tag is going to be toast. Especially if you still have the stock pogo stick shock. I had mine mounted like that and hit a huge pothole once the rear tire bent it to hell and back. The rear travels a lot farther than you think.

Glad you are back on the road.
+1

i mounted mine a few inches back from where yours is and when i hit a nasty pothole it gouged into the hugger. (thank god it wasnt the tire)

but im glad your still on your feet and ready to go. take care out there. hey that rhymes! :lol:

H

·
0 Posts
vtwinheaven said:
your tag is going to be toast. Especially if you still have the stock pogo stick shock. The rear travels a lot farther than you think.
+2, I lost my plate, destroyed by cheap FE and put a small gouge in the tire because of this. Make sure you preload is dialed up, or move the plate back...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts