Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed my front brake lines to S.S. last night and did my first brake fluid change.

I wanted ask, when filling up the resivoir, does the fluid go under that black diaphram only or some under and then fill up the black diaphram.

After my lines were on, I filled the resivoir, put black diaphram in and put the cap on. Then I blead each line. I then took the cap off and filled resivoir again and blead again to make sure on air got in.

Like I said, things seem to be working fine. I wanted to check and see if anyone had any tips beisde what I found on the site.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
Generally speaking it's best to have the diaphragm in place when inserting your fluids :D

Remove it... it's only there to keep the fluid from sloshing around...

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
donniej said:
Generally speaking it's best to have the diaphragm in place when inserting your fluids :D

Remove it... it's only there to keep the fluid from sloshing around...
And 9 months later you'll have a baby SV. :)

But really you don't need to put the cap or diaphram back on to bleed the brakes cause you still adding fluid to keep the level up. Plus you can see any bubble popping up too.

Just keep filling and squeezing from the longest hose first.

:)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help.
I went out to check them at lunch today and it seems ok. I keep checking for leaks. Nothing yet. The resivoir cap has some wetness but I think thats due to the level and it's hot out.

·
Registered
6,503 Posts
Remove the bladder

To add fluids remove the bladder. Then reinstall. The top of the bladder should be clean and dry on reinstallation. If it has fluid on it, Bra-Kleen or rubbing alchohol will clean it off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts