Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I've been doing some research and have pretty much narrowed it down between these two jackets. Can you guys give me pros/cons for these jackets? I like the style of both(I can get the ICON in yellow to match the bike0 :)
I will be riding this winter and its normally anywhere between the 30s-50s. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
Fieldsheer jacket I'd prefer, it should be cheaper too, depends on where ya shop. But maybe ya should jump on the Icon so it matches your bike. To me it dont matter, but thats me.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I would go for the Fieldsheer also. This jacket one of the ones on my short list of leather jackets when I was shopping around. I ended up getting a Teknic though because of price, but the Fieldsheer was my "runner up". I don't know where you are looking at jackets, but I would've purchased the Fieldsheer from this place:

http://www.motoworldonline.com/view_category.asp?cat=176

Great customer service, sent them an email asking a question, and the owner called me back to answer, and to see if he could help with any other questions I might've had. Good prices too.

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
Fieldsheer is my choice, Brockton is great to deal with too, you can call Lenny (online sales) and he will tell you exactly what they have in stock, I have had great dealings with them , even with a return, somethimse they have more than they show on line.....

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
from what shopping I've done the fieldsheer is what some have already stated, and the Icon is no less than 350. Is there anywhere else I could find an Icon for less? If not I may end up going with the fieldsheer.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
vtwinheaven said:
Some don't like Joe Rocket gear but Newenough.com has JR Blaster 2.0 leather jackets on closeout for $179. They even come in yellow.

I picked one up and it's a 1.4 mm leather and looks like it would hold up well.

http://www.newenough.com/joe_rocket_blaster_2point0_solid_jacket_page.htm
I checked out the Joe Rockets. I really like the 4.0, but its a textile and I really want a leather jacket for the winter. I may get one in the spring though. As far as the leather ones go, I'm not too fond of the styling.

And for my choice I'm about 80% on the fieldsheer. Does anyone know how well it holds up in the cold? Any negatives about it? I want to make the best informed decision I can since I'm going to spend the $$$.

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
Black99SVS said:
Personally I've never seen pictures of any Icon stuff totally trashed from a wreck that wouldn't trash most jackets in that price range... wanna give some examples with pictures?
I dont have access to the pics, but I remember seeing them, 20mph slide and the shoulder seams were busted open. Fluke maybe. But my uber cheap 99$ teknic lightning pulled a 65mph with minor scuffing.

G

·
Black99SVS said:
Personally I've never seen pictures of any Icon stuff totally trashed from a wreck that wouldn't trash most jackets in that price range... wanna give some examples with pictures?
I can't find anything with a quick search, but those of us who have been around this board for a while can probably remember a bunch of horrible reviews from Icon gear...mainly their jackets and gloves. Look around and I'm sure you find plenty of pics, I just don't have time to hunt them down...

·
Registered
64 Posts
nightrider said:
from what shopping I've done the fieldsheer is what some have already stated, and the Icon is no less than 350. Is there anywhere else I could find an Icon for less? If not I may end up going with the fieldsheer.
http://www.newenough.com/icon_motorhead_jacket_page.htm

I believe they have the motorhead jacket for $289 and they are great to deal with.

·
Registered
836 Posts
HKer said:
I can't find anything with a quick search, but those of us who have been around this board for a while can probably remember a bunch of horrible reviews from Icon gear...mainly their jackets and gloves. Look around and I'm sure you find plenty of pics, I just don't have time to hunt them down...
+1, It's a shame b/c I really like the way they look. I had considered one of their jackets when I was shoping around, but decided against it b/c of their crash reputation. :'(

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have the supersport jacket. Looks tough, leather thick and heavy, and I like the styling. My only complaint is the uncomfortable collar that presses into my wind pipe when tucked in. I'm hoping its because its totally new, and will fade with wear as the jacket breaks in. Overall its the best I found for the money. I rode it in 42* weather, and with the liner and and a long sleeve underneath it wasn't too cold. For hot days it has a ton of ventilation.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well as much as I like the ICON look, I think I'm going to go with the fieldsheer. I'm trying to get a new one off ebay, but if that doesn't work I think I'll go to website listed in the beginning of the thread, unless someone knows where I can get one for less than $225 ;D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts