Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for all my gear and having a lot of trouble deciding what to get. I want the best protection but I am in South Texas and I'm not sure perforated leather will be cool enough with the high humidity. I am looking at mesh jackets and pants. Still not sure what pants to go with but for a jacket I am considering the Fieldsheer Mach 4 and either the Tour Master Gx Air Jacket or Tour Master Cortex HRX Jacket. They all have leather in the elbows and back as well as hard armor. Is one better than the other?

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I've found that my (solid) Cortech leather jacket is quite cool - as long as you are moving. It has lots of vents and stiffness of the leather allows air to flow pretty freely. Standing still, I am sure perf would be better, but I wouldn't assume that leather is hotter than fabric, at least for the jacket. I wear HT Air overpants with my jacket am generally quite comfortable on hot days.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I have a perf leather (full front perf and arms) dainese jacket temp is very cool when you are moving. if the one you're looking at has some vents it'll get cooler. if you are just cruising around downtown-lots of stop-and-go it'll get warm. not much humidity here in SF Bay but it gets warm inland. the back protector keeps in some heat and likely sweat too. I have no experience with mesh. but from what I read it's a disposable if you go down hard. leather is reusable. so that should be a consideration.
btw, I have an older core tech lite (tour master) cordura jacket-no mesh. I have used that year round. it's not warm in the winter. a black jacket in the sun always get warm. get a lighter color. mine has lasted for about 6 years (never down). so I rate TM high.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Icon Mesh jacket for the summer. It has leather where you need it, and comes with CE armor. And then the First Gear Kilimanjaro III for the other three seasons. I wouldn't buy anything other than these two jackets IMO.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts