Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm a pretty new SV1000 owner, I just bought an '06 and I've had it about two weeks, but I know this isn't normal, since i have an '06 GSX-R that doesn't exhibit the same issues.

About half the time i go to start the bike, the injectors don't fire to prep the enging. I don't hear them whine, and the FI indicator starts flashing.

Usually I can fix this by turning the bike off, then switching the red engine kill switch to 'off' and turning the key back on, then grabbing clutch and clicking then kill switch back to ON before attempting to start it.

It "seems" like this problem is usually associated with me turning the key on while the kill switch is set to 'On.'

Does this make any sense to anyone? Thanks!!!

·
Registered
461 Posts
i was having that issue for a while too. i'm not sure what caused it, and it kinda just went away. maybe try cleaning out all the connections associated with the computer unit. and the display.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I think this is the same problem I just starting having on my SV650...fault code c42...see my recent post in th 03+ SV650 section. Best I can tell, this is a code related to iginition...others have suggested cleaning all the connectors that are igintion related. In particular, the three connectors in front of the airbox and behind the radiator. Keep us posted on what you learn. Need to go on a business trip...but will try the cleaning and report back in a few days...

·
Registered
33 Posts
I suspect dirty contacts in the kill switch. Just for fun, try toggling the kill switch several times before doing anything else and see what happens. I haven't tried to do this on the SV, but ordinarily I would attempt to clean the switch contacts with Contact Cleaner spray. (BTW, the whine is from the fuel pump.)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Not sure what the problem could be. I just recently installed a power commander III on my 05 SV650's. The bike starts and runs fine, however the red indicator light is not lit and there is an FI on the speedo. Does anyone now what I need to do to clear that? Thanks!

S

1 - 5 of 5 Posts