Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if the ECU would go into restricted performance mode when the PAIR disconnect warning is on. I've bypassed the PAIR solenoid, but I tried out the bike with the FI warning on, so I'm wondering if I wasn't getting the full-power 700cc enchilada.

The reason why I'm asking and not trying it out is because my bike is in winter storage and isn't coming out until spring.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
TestaStretta said:
I was just wondering if the ECU would go into restricted performance mode when the PAIR disconnect warning is on. I've bypassed the PAIR solenoid, but I tried out the bike with the FI warning on, so I'm wondering if I wasn't getting the full-power 700cc enchilada.

The reason why I'm asking and not trying it out is because my bike is in winter storage and isn't coming out until spring.
Never mind, I looked in my shop manual and it says it WAS in restricted performance mode. All I can say is wow, because it was quite a bit stronger than stock in limp-home mode. I can't wait to REALLY try it out :)

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
DO you have an update,and how to on this mod?

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Disconnecting the PAIR sysem will not in any way shape or form make any more power. I don't know what you read in your manual, but I think you have the PAIR system confused. All it does is pump air into the exhaust ports of the heads, to add air into the exhaust system, to essentially make the actual exhaust seem less rich and trick emissions.

Also, I haven't read my whole manual cover to cover, but have never noticed anything about any "Performance" mode.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts