Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm merging on to one of the local highways with a friend on the back, I top it out in 3rd shift into 4th and my FI light comes on. I'm doing 140km no throttle and my bike is stuck at 5000RPM!
I hit the kill switch and pull over. When I restared the bike all was fine.

Is this normal? What did I do wrong? Was it the way I shifted gear? The extra pounds from my friend on the back?Should I get the bike checked?

·
Eagle one
1,660 Posts
Yes........ get is checked ASAP. 2 reasons.......... #1 for safety, #2 hopefully it threw a code, so the Suzuki tech can have an easier time diagnosing the problem........ my bet is a TP sensor.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
67GTONUT said:
Yes........ get is checked ASAP. 2 reasons.......... #1 for safety, #2 hopefully it threw a code, so the Suzuki tech can have an easier time diagnosing the problem........ my bet is a TP sensor.
TP?

·
Eagle one
1,660 Posts
Colin said:
What the heck is the FI light? 
Basicly our version of a car's Check Engine Light.

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
Quick question, whats the background as for mods on the bike? TRE? Cause thats what pretty much happens if the connection goes bad if you've done the TRE mod. It turns on the FI light and the bike runs in "safe" mode, aka crappy mode. Get it checked anyways though....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
evilbologna said:
Quick question, whats the background as for mods on the bike? TRE? Cause thats what pretty much happens if the connection goes bad if you've done the TRE mod. It turns on the FI light and the bike runs in "safe" mode, aka crappy mode. Get it checked anyways though....
FI Stands for Fuel Injection.

As for Mods...Just an exaust.

·
Registered
64 Posts
toddpnewton said:
Fu(king Idiot

;D
Thats some good input...I really appreciate your help in clearing this up for me. I am sure your peers appreciate each and every word that trickles out of your face...

Eat shit.

Love, Colin. ;D

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
Ian B said:
FI Stands for Fuel Injection.

As for Mods...Just an exaust.
Yes I know what the FI stands for...TRE trips the fuel injection itself into a safe mode when it hasn't made a good connection...are you the only owner? If so that rules that possibly out.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
evilbologna said:
Yes I know what the FI stands for...TRE trips the fuel injection itself into a safe mode when it hasn't made a good connection...are you the only owner? If so that rules that possibly out.
Original owner yes.
I'll ask the dealer about it on my next check up. Seems OK now, maybe the Computer reset itself..... ::)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Ian B
I encountered a similiar problem while in full throttle acceleration. For me it was me Tip Over sensor. It wasn't mounted properly. So, under had acceleration(TOs) it thinks you have tipped it on it's side. To verify what is causing your problem. Use a "dealer mod tool" to give you a diagnostic view. Go ride around and try to replicate the situation. If the dealer mod tool or jumper is properly setup you can view the error code on your display immediately after it happens and then toggle your igniton, ride home and go look up the code. You will need a dealer repair manual for that. If you find a code reply to this thread and I will reference it for you. That will point you in the right direction if you can replicate the error. If there is a problem it should be fairly consistent. I hope that helps.
BH

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Robotben311 said:
Ian B
I encountered a similiar problem while in full throttle acceleration.  For me it was me Tip Over sensor.   It wasn't mounted properly.  So, under had acceleration(TOs) it thinks you have tipped it on it's side.   To verify what is causing your problem.  Use a "dealer mod tool"  to give you a diagnostic view.   Go ride around and try to replicate the situation.   If the dealer mod tool or jumper is properly setup you can view the error  code on your display immediately after it happens and then toggle your igniton, ride home and go look up the code.   You will need a dealer repair manual for that.  If you find a code reply to this thread and I will reference it for you.  That will point you in the right direction if you can replicate the error.  If there is a problem it should be fairly consistent.  I hope that helps.
BH
How will this error code appear on my display? Lines, numbers, letters...
Cant i just check the poistion of the TOS? Where is it located?

·
Registered
91 Posts
The error code if it exists will instantly show on the digi gauge. Instead of having a temp gauge you will see C00. The double zeroes represent a possible fault. So, install the dealer mod tool. Go out and replicate the error. BEFORE toggling your FI and kill switch view the area where the temp display used to be it should be a two digit code. Then go home and reference the code with a dealer manual. BH

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Guys, I got it fixed.
What was happening was the secondary air intake valves were jamming open at high speed.
The dealer ordered a new set of ramps and all good! ;D

·
Registered
231 Posts
Ian B said:
Guys, I got it fixed.
What was happening was the secondary air intake valves were jamming open at high speed.
The dealer ordered a new set of ramps and all good! ;D
Thank you for your feedback my friend.
Cheers! 8)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts