Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '06 sv1000 ran pretty good with the 3/4 Yosk system but did backfire some, so I fgot the pcIII on and now it dies once in a while and then trows a FI fault. I'm using the map gor my bike...maybe I should tweak it?

dave

·
Registered
457 Posts
which map are you using (from the dynojet website?)

·
Registered
375 Posts
I just started riding mine (05 SV650S) with the PCIII installed the last couple days (nice weather finally). It has stalled about 6 times in the last 2 days.

Every time seemed to be at lower rpm (4000 or less), and most often at lower throttle openings (20% or less).

I'm running a full Yosh RS3 exhaust w/ stock filter, and chose the corresponding map from the Dynojet site.

Any suggestions?

It does seem to be running a lot richer. I will be trying the stock map to see if it is just "flooding" a bit in the lower revs.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Try running the zero map.

Or better yet, take it to someone that knows what they're doing with a dyno.

·
Registered
375 Posts
The zero map will go in tonight. At least with that, I'll know it's not another issue (connectors etc.), or just tuning (too rich/flooding).

The nearest dynojet tuner is 2 hours away, and not known to be very reputable, otherwise I would for sure have it done properly.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
what code is it throwing??

·
Registered
375 Posts
On my bike, the red "FI" light comes on when it stalls, but does not stay lit. The bike usually restarts first try, without cycling the key off and or anything.

Is there an easy way to bring up diagnostic codes?

·
Premium Member
4,058 Posts
That's the best place to start. Make sure the battery terminal is tight (assuming that's where you've located it, although I'd start simple and check those anyway).
yeah mine wasn't loose enough to look loose but barely a half turn and the problem stopped and I had to laugh at myself for a few minutes for not checking something that simple sooner :BangHead:

·
Registered
457 Posts
glad to hear you fixed it brew!

·
Registered
375 Posts
Took it back to a "zero" map last night. I'll ride it for a couple days to see if it was just too rich. Connections all seemed good.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry, bad info....it's not throwing a code,(that I know of), it just sometimes starts up and displays the red FI light. Or when it stalls, again the red FI lights comes on. It clears with a key on/off.

It's a PCIII for a 2003 sv1000 but I"m using the map DynaJet recommends for my 2006 with an aftermarket exhaust and stock air filter. (Thats what I've got).

I used the little blue wire tap they include for where you tap into that single loose wire...(I always suspected those things).

Ya think that might be it?

Dave

·
Registered
437 Posts
Basicly the only difference between a unit for a K3 and any other PCIII is the map that I came with.

As far as the "Scotch-Lok" wire tap.......I WONT USE THEM ON ANYTHING!!

Solder, even butt connectors, but never those pieces of $hi+!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts