Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a stock 08 sv650s

I was thinking of integrating the tail lights into the brakes, is that doable?

And I was thinking of shortening the front blinkers, is that also possible?

I was also hoping to get some tank armor, so I don't scratch it up so much, is that common?

·
Registered
968 Posts
well.....the tail lights are also the brake lights, as with most every other vehicle on the road. if you mean integrating the rear turn signals into the brake lights, im fairly certain that i've seen kits that do that.

as far as front blinkers go, you could get some flush mount LEDs with risers under them to give you a cleaner look without sacrificing that much front visibility.

bighammer fabs tank pads/grips for a reasonable price on here, but i would say that they are common. it is a matter of preference.

use search also. nearly all of your questions that you will come up with have answers.

·
Registered
157 Posts
i have integrated tail lights, i think hotbodies makes em. i got mine from clear alternatives, they may be doing business under another name now.
front blinkers go flush mount, look around at the different styles to see what you like best.
for tank protection, tank pads are the smallest and cheapest option (basically only good for belt buckles). i have an OEM tank bra which i like a lot and covers 1/2 the tank. tank grips also double as grips but offer protection to the area applied, depends what you like better.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Only thing to be concerned about with an integrated tail light is visibility. On a 2nd gen sv650s, the two tail light "strips" are pretty close together. This can make it hard for drivers to tell which signal is flashing, left or right, when integrated with the brake lights. Telling at night would be even more difficult.

I got this piece of advice when I first got my bike, thought it was sound, so I figured I would pass it along.

Instead of going integrated I got a nice fender eliminator kit and installed some small but bright LED signals. Just my two cents.

·
Registered
888 Posts

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
I'll second the notion of not doing an integrated turn signal with tail light mod. The visibility is atrocious. I've ridden with a few guys that did away with their turn signals in favor of the 'cleaner' look of the integrated turn signals. While it does look nice parked, it is tough to see the turn signal during the day. Even at night, it can be difficult to discern which turn signal is on from a bit of a distance.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
How about the front's, do you think integrating those a little would be a bad idea?
I'm not sure what you'd integrate them to??? The front marker lights by the headlights maybe? If so, you'd need to get orange bulbs. I guess that wouldn't be too bad really... But I don't know if having the open orange marker lights would be legal or not.

Though, if you're looking for a cleaner look than the giant stock signals, I'd go with some shorter LED stalk signals. They look nice, but are plenty bright enough and stick out far enough not to kill you on visibility. This is just my opinion though.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I think you are right, I should probably leave it stock .. it might look a little bulky, but I bet it is much easier to see for cars, which is what matters.

Do you have a link for some shorter LED stalk signals?

·
Registered
888 Posts
I think you are right, I should probably leave it stock .. it might look a little bulky, but I bet it is much easier to see for cars, which is what matters.
This might be the best thing to do period for the rest of the season.

When I first got my bike, I was all crazy about different mods both aesthetic and functional that I wanted to do.

I was talking about them with my local mechanic and he said to just leave it alone for now and ride. I did just that. Best thing ever. I was enjoying riding the bike and not dicking around working on it in the garage.

Midway through the second season, I had miles and time on the bike and had a wiser outlook on which mods to perform.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts