Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know we have seen this a million times, but I haven't seen a write-up that has both the pictures and the process for the 03+ fender removal.

I made one on my site. I have a few articles there, and more are to come. Hope this helps someone.

For the archives:

http://sundaybender.com/archives/2005/10/07/32-miles-mudflap-bypass/

Fender delete
Fender-ectomy
Fenderectomy
Fenderechtomy
Mudflap delete
Stupid-ass plastic factory botch job
terrible plastic pop-rivets

:)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hwy84 said:
I know we have seen this a million times, but I haven't seen a write-up that has both the pictures and the process for the 03+ fender removal.

I made one on my site.  I have a few articles there, and more are to come.  Hope this helps someone.

For the archives:

http://sundaybender.com/archives/2005/10/07/32-miles-mudflap-bypass/

Fender delete
Fender-ectomy
Fenderectomy
Fenderechtomy
Mudflap delete
Stupid-ass plastic factory botch job
terrible plastic pop-rivets

:)
great write-up & pics. i've been meaning to toss the shovel by not removing the whole thing but just cutting off the part that shows. now i have a better idea. i was about to buy a license plate/turn signal mount from targa for $16 thinking that's a good buy compared to $90+ for an entire kit. now i just have to go to my local hardware for a 2-buck bracket. thanks for the info.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Nice Article! Thanks for the write up and pics...I will make sure I have a half a day set aside to this now because I usually take my time and this looks like a job I may have to apologize to the neighbors about.

Does the aftermarket undertails require all this work?

·
Registered
203 Posts
good writeup, I like the rest of the site as well (<3 wordpress). I'll have to take a look at it again when I get home, and remove my shovel.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
nice job but......... i don't understand whats so hard about doing. i mean you pull 4 bolts that hold the tail on disconnect blinkers and tail light unbolt the mud flap get a set of flush mounts put them on theundertail wire them up and put the tail back on. shouldn't take more than half hour start to finish. and shoot i could make a little piece to go in the hole where the fender was in about 10 minutes with some aluminum plate.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts