Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I'm just curious: does anyone have an exhaust that comes up higher than stock (such as, say, a Devil bolt-on) and used signals other than LED undertails? I bought my bike used, and the person who had it before me installed a bike and fender eliminator, but I can't seem to find any bulbs bright enough for the turn signals, so was wondering about using the stock bulbs again. Any ideas and suggestions would be welcomed; thanks and ride safe.

Luke
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,137 Posts
i have a devil highmount, awesome pipe. i run a competition werkes fender eliminator, looks really nice with the pipe. the only problem is you cant see the right blinker from the side b/c the pipe blocks it, but its alright, it looks hot.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
547 Posts
sicksv650 said:
i have a devil highmount, awesome pipe. i run a competition werkes fender eliminator, looks really nice with the pipe. the only problem is you cant see the right blinker from the side b/c the pipe blocks it, but its alright, it looks hot.
old "thread" but i must say i love being able to find exactly the answer i'm looking for on this site... so the cw fe works with the devil high-mount, eh? got any pics?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
I am planning on getting the holeshot fender eliminator when i get their high pipe. They can be ordered with flush mount signals that mount on the rear tail section. I would think that this would work with most pipes.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,122 Posts
It looks that almost any FE you get for use with a high mount pipe will lose the visibility of the right TS, some of them come with small 'Cat Eye' brand TS's that have super short stalks (pulling them in closer to the license plate). You could look for 'Bat Blinkers' (mount to corners of your license plate) - users here seem to think they are bright enough. IMO safety trumps the visual of a high mount, I want my TS's to be seen.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
547 Posts
VARIABLE9 said:
It looks that almost any FE you get for use with a high mount pipe will lose the visibility of the right TS, some of them come with small 'Cat Eye' brand TS's that have super short stalks (pulling them in closer to the license plate). You could look for 'Bat Blinkers' (mount to corners of your license plate) - users here seem to think they are bright enough. IMO safety trumps the visual of a high mount, I want my TS's to be seen.
i'm definitely a safety over style person, but it seems to me that a high-mount pipe blocks the view of one's turn signal from the side- i don't think people see my turn signals if i'm right next to them anyway. you would still be able to see my turn signal from behind my bike which is more important.

also, since i always have to make a comment about how riding in nyc is different, i'm pretty sure nobody pays attention to my blinkers anyway. if anything, people speed up to block my way when i hit the turn signal.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,773 Posts
Icebone said:
also, since i always have to make a comment about how riding in nyc is different, i'm pretty sure nobody pays attention to my blinkers anyway. if anything, people speed up to block my way when i hit the turn signal.
I'll be leaving my stock signals on b/c every little bit can count here, it's looking like that may preclude me from getting a high-mount. If so c'est la vie.

+1 on how riding here is different. It's like when someone makes a comment about how the bike needs to have a turn signal canceller since they realize that they leave the signal on for a mile or so after their turn. That level of inattentiveness would get someone killed here...quickly.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,122 Posts
Rex1one said:


Stock signals fit fine with my highmount. Although I did put LEDs in there the casing hasn't changed.
Different high mounts rest at different points and different FE's place the signals inboard/outboard at different distances. Might be helpful to post the combo. For me a Hamicad FE and a Leo Vince full system high mount would not have worked - right signal would need to be removed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,244 Posts
Renegades on a 1st gen give quite a bit of room for signals, too.  They also make a single slip-on high-mount for the price-conscious (although it's still not that cheap).

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
295 Posts
VARIABLE9 said:
Different high mounts rest at different points and different FE's place the signals inboard/outboard at different distances.  Might be helpful to post the combo.  For me a Hamicad FE and a Leo Vince full system high mount would not have worked - right signal would need to be removed.
I have the hamicad FE and leo high mount. My rear signals are stock. Just had to shorten them a small amount.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,137 Posts
Icebone said:
old "thread" but i must say i love being able to find exactly the answer i'm looking for on this site... so the cw fe works with the devil high-mount, eh? got any pics?



and a couple more for good measure . . . . .


 

·
Thumper Squad
Joined
·
3,279 Posts
and a couple more for good measure . . . . .



I love that bike :notworthy:
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top