Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I put the FE I bought from someone on here and I'm fairly happy with it, but not totally.

But that is through no fault of who I bought it from, his product is nice.

I think I will get some metal after I get an integrated LED tail light and make it a little bit better.

What do you think?
I used a make shift plate holder and parts from the old set up for the turn signals

Before
The PO did a hack job and took off most of the rear, but it was still ugly!

After

·
Registered
61 Posts
Sweet, makes me want one

·
Registered
77 Posts
What's it made of and do you have a link? I might want me one ...

·
Registered
86 Posts
Where did you buy the plate light from?

Also, how difficult is it to do the wiring for it? I don't know jack about electrical.

Last question. Did you have to reposition your ignitor box? I've read about people having to do that with the tail chop.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Where did you buy the plate light from?

Also, how difficult is it to do the wiring for it? I don't know jack about electrical.

Last question. Did you have to reposition your ignitor box? I've read about people having to do that with the tail chop.
The light is just an LED light from cycle gear, under $10.

for wiring, I just unplugged the stock light, cut off the end, connected it to the wires for the new one and was all set. i did fish the wire through a hole i drilled in the plastic so it wouldn't be all over the place looking like smack.

the last one is the worst, the box. i did have to take it away from its nice little bolted down home under thetail light. its just sitting in the space under the rear seat with my emergency tools, insurance card and tire repair kit. on a positive note, all of the wire were able to be stuffed in the the little space that is left undet the tail light.

when i make a new one later, I am going to make a small box that will stick out a little for the that box and to hold on to the license plate. which will allow me to have a plate that is not all slanted.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Cool. Thanks. It looks like you can use some L- brackets to get the license plate and turn signals in place. That seems like a cheaper solution that buying another piece.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cool. Thanks. It looks like you can use some L- brackets to get the license plate and turn signals in place. That seems like a cheaper solution that buying another piece.
the "L" bracket wasn't at the correct angle.

I am gonna make a new one cause i don't like how it is now.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Do you have any new updated pics of your bracket? Just curious. Got some of my other projects out of the way, and now I'm finally about to do this.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
not yet. been focusing on my house for now. i will post up once i do though, so stay tuned...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts