Fender eliminator write up

5K views 33 replies 18 participants last post by  Frost 
#1 ·
$1 Fender Eliminator

Materials needed ?
2 M6x40mm Bolts
2 Lock nuts for above bolts
4 Washers

We used a sawzall to cut the fender; you can use a hack saw as well.

1- Remove the seat of the motorcycle. Do this by removing the two gray plastic covers near the front of the seat (red arrow) under those will be an allen bolt that holds the front of the seat in place. Remove those, one on each side of the bike. Remove the seat.

2- You?ll see the bolts to remove to take the tail section of the bike off. Be careful and make sure you get all of the little plastic pop rivets off from underneath the tail section, remove the bolts that hold the passenger grab rail in place, remove the screw in the middle of the tail section. Under and remove the cable for the pillion seat release. Disconnect the turn signals and tail lights. Slide the tail section off towards the back of the bike, go slow and make sure everything is disconnected.

3 - Once the tail section is off the bike. Remove the fender by loosening the wheel well, remove the bolts at the two green arrow locations, and remove the fender at the red arrow locations. You don?t need to fully remove the wheel well, pull it down a tad to get to the bolts for the fender

4- Once you have the HUGE fender in you hand you?ll need to remove the turn signals, light, reflectors and the bracket for the license plate.

5- Now its time to do some cutting. Trim the fender along the yellow line at the red arrow. This remaining top piece is what you will mount the plate bracket and turn signals to

6- You?ll need to do a bit of trimming on the turn signal bracket (red arrow) It will snap out of the fender once the turn signals are off. Take off the little ?L? bracket that holds the plate light in place. This will be the central mounting piece for the entire set up.

7- Trim the turn signal bracket down so there is about an inch of room left on each side. (See pic) Drill holes (yellow dots) in the ?L? bracket and the freshly cut turn signals bracket lines up, you?ll end up with the following pieces. Bore out the holes a bit on the license plate bracket so that they line up with the holes that were in the in the ?L? bracket from the factory. Cut reflector tabs off of plate bracket.

8- Put the top part of the fender back onto the bike; assemble the license plate/turn signal bracket. Line up the bracket assembly onto the cut section of fender and mark where to drill the two holes. Drill through both the fender piece and the wheel well. Put the bolts through the entire assembly and tighten it down.

9- Install your turn signals and run the wires up through the stock holes in the fender piece, reconnect them. Reinstall your tail section and hook everything back up, make sure you hook the release for the pillion cable back up, tail lights etc.

10 ? Put on gear?.go for ride

See less See more
#28 ·
It doesn't really rain where I live but if you were really that worried about it I'm sure you could get creative and make it pretty water tight. Maybe a black trash bag and some duct tape on the inside to keep the water out and you wouldn't even be able to see it from the outside. It's not a very big gap but I guess if you were constantly riding in the rain it might be a problem. The fuses and other electical connections are under there so you probably wouldn't want it being constantly wet.

#31 ·
good gosh, I need this. Running toll twice in one day and im praying i don't receive tickets in mail. Damn those fenderless friends of mine.

#32 ·
yup, it just did it but not exactly like the DIY said. They ghetto fab i did required no cutting except for the blinkers which looked fugly sticking out far.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.