Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a template for a 2nd gen. I know I saw one a while back possibly on this site or on sv650.org, but am unable to find it.

Basically all I need is a rough template of the shape and dimensions of the FE (flat, with bend down tabs for the turn signals) so I can draw it in fastcam and create an NC code so I can cut it out perfectly on the LYNX based plasma table at work.

What I plan to do is take a basic FE design and streamline it and make it more functional (like with a bracket tacked onto it to hold the fuses and the tank stand.

Good pictures of a hamicad or other decent FE would be cool, as long as their is something in the picture to provide scale.

Won't take me very long to create the NC code for it, and I'll provide a generic (non-machine specific - no header data) for anyone to use.

·
Registered
72 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
If you get me a CAD (autocad, solidworks, etc.) I can cnc plasma cut that for you. or at least a pic with dimensions.

·
Registered
72 Posts
If you go to that site where i got that pic from, there is a link to get it full size. Then you can print it (he has directions), and go by the dimensions and change it over to CAD. Wish i knew how to do that. If i had more time i could prolly figure it out.

ian

·
Registered
370 Posts
if you are not in a hurry i am working on my own fender eliminator plate. I can get some pics of it and show you and cut an extra plate if you like it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hey thanks. Im in no hurry, not till spring anyway, and thats awhile off in PA. Keep me posted on whatcha got.

heres my email if you want it.

[email protected]

thanks

ian

·
Registered
397 Posts
I found that template was too small when I built mine, I would recommend you enlarge the recommended size another 5-10% to be safe.

If anyone knows of any others I would like to hear about them. I don't like this one, too flimsy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts