Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 211 Posts

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stealing Nexus's format (again) for a fender eliminator review thread to prevent the post madness from spreading.

Please give your input on motorcycle fender eliminators. Product reviews for what you've seen and used. Fill in the blanks with what you like and don't like about the FE. No need to write a novel, just a few lines and not "They rock!" about the FE so others can see if this is the FE for them to use.

Also this ISN'T a question and answer thread, just reviews from current users.

Please quote the next post and fill in your thoughts.

Thanks for your help now to help others in the future.

If you've made your own, please state it and a writeup if possible.

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Fender Eliminator Model:

Retains original lights:

Pros:

Cons:

Would buy again:

Price paid and where:

Notes/links to pics:

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fender Eliminator Model: Competition Werkes

Retains original lights: Blinkers only, but includes a really weak white license plate light to stick on to illuminate your plate (in one spot).

Pros: It did the job

Cons: ...But not very well and costs too dang much. The instructions are worse than having none at all.

Would buy again: No

Price paid and where: Too much

Notes/links to pics:

I added a STOPPER light bar to the bottom of the plate and sprayed the FE black.

The angle of the license plate bracket is at quite a degree, which I do like but cops may not (had it for over a year with no problems).

Very old pic of my bike:

·
Registered
389 Posts
Fender Eliminator Model: Dubtecv2 #1

Retains original lights: If you want to

Pros: Cheap, does the job well

Cons: None that I can see

Would buy again: Yep

Price paid and where: SVR, $20 shipped

Notes/links to pics: check the FS forum

·
Registered
437 Posts

Eliminator model - Can't remember the brand. Ordered by the dealer out of a catalog.
Retains original lights? - Yes, if desired.
Pros - Sturdy, heavy guage stainless steel. Small & lightweight.
Cons - Expensive
Would buy again? - Yes
Price - $99.00 @ America's Motorsports

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Fender Eliminator Model: Dubtecv2 #5

Retains original lights: Yep

Pros: Inexpensive, works flawlessly

Cons: None

Would buy again: Yep

Price paid and where: $25, in the for sale forum

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
Fender Eliminator Model: OEM 2004+

Retains original lights: Yes

Pros: OEM and keeps all my lights / reflectors, legal

Cons: Not a perfect fit on my 08 ABS model, leaves a significant gap at my tail light (filled up with a bead of silver silicone).

Would buy again: Yes

Price paid and where: $150 from a fellow SVR

Notes/links to pics: [/QUOTE]

·
Registered
271 Posts
Fender Eliminator Model: COMPETITION WERKES for 2nd Gen sv

Retains original lights: no. Adds little mini blinkers which some will not be happy with because they don't protrude from the body. They pretty bright when lit though. And the LED plate light is bright as well.

Pros: looks good

Cons: license mounting location is suspect (I have yet to be pulled over for it). Over priced

Would buy again: if it was cheaper than list price, maybe.

Price paid and where: was on bike when I bought it, but have seen them advertised for about $135+shipping.

Notes/links to pics:
Comes with LED plate light and turn signals. Plate mounting frame is not intended to go where it is shown in the picture. It actually mounted far lower and was partially below the tire when viewed from behind. It is aluminum and was easy to bend the mounts in the opposite direction to raise it 4 or 5 inches for better visibility.

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
39 Posts
Fender Eliminator Model: Roca (European). Possibly available through Street Fighters by Design (USA); BanditMania (UK); S2 Concept (FR)

Retains original lights: No. replace with flush triangular lights

Pros: Neat, clean, integrated appearance, color matched. Undertail & FE.

Cons: Requires modification/removal of tail tray, battery tray, some wiring re-routes and replacement connectors.

Would buy again: Probably, I liked this solution best for my 2001 SVs.

Price paid and where: ~$80 (?) used, from SVR seller.

Notes/links to pics: See personal blog -
Piece of tail... and follow-up, Tidy up...

·
Registered
14 Posts
I went with the Hotbodies one which is a bit spendy - ($190-$230), but it looks really clean and smooth.

·
Registered
9,110 Posts
Fender Eliminator Model: Dubtecv2 #5

Retains original lights: If you want to, including the OEM plate light

Pros: Cheap, does the job well

Cons: Leaves a bit of a gap, that I filled (sort of) with some extra tool box drawer liner I had laying around. I plan to upgrade to some neoprene next winter. Also only for 2nd Gen. Tough luck you curvy-types

Would buy again: Absolutely

Price paid and where: SVR, $25 shipped

Notes/links to pics: http://forum.svrider.com/showthread.php?t=96535

·
Registered
14 Posts
dang that license plate looks close... has ur tire ever hit it?
No - seems to be okay in that position and I'm 220lbs and have had passengers on the back. The only downside to this version is that the signals aren't that obvious during the day. If that doesn't bother you, it's a great kit.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Let's follow the format on the reviews and not simply post a picture of what you have. This is supposed to help educate buyers and isn't really meant for show and tell (although it might be a byproduct). Oh and if you want to sell something, make a thread in the for-sale section... geeezussss

·
Registered
109 Posts
Retains original lights: No.

Pros: Similar to Hot Bodies fender eliminator but cheaper ($60). Flush. LED are bright even in daytime. Easy install.

Cons: Had to cut out much of the plastic underside of SV to get it in. No pre-existing holes for license plate mount.

Would buy again: Yes.

Price paid and where: $60 - Amazon.com

Notes/links to pics: [/QUOTE]

I like it. Installed R6 license plate mount under it, slimmed down the mount and stuck license plate on back. Wasn't sure first couple of rides but the mount, and everything has no issue of falling off or getting loose (thank god).

**grrr... no image**

·
Registered
197 Posts
Fender Eliminator Model: Targa

Retains original lights: Could, but the kit came with its own. Not my favorite but they work.

Pros: Easy to install, keeps plate/signals visible.

Cons: The license plate light is pretty lame, just a single led that's like 1/16" away from the plate. Kinda expensive.

Would buy again: Sure.

Price paid and where: $100, local Parts Unlimited dealer.

Notes/links to pics:

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
Fender Eliminator Model: Hamicad

Retains original lights: Yes

Pros: Retains original lights including the license plate light, looks clean, easy to install with no cutting or modifications to the bike at all.

Cons: A bit pricey but worth it IMO.

Would buy again: Yes

Price paid and where: $120 direct from Hamicad in the UK. Took 3-4 days to arrive via Royal Air Mail.

Notes/links to pics:

·
Registered
93 Posts
+1 for Hamicad. I got one a week or two ago. Nice piece. Not just a bent piece of tin. Powder coated stainless, bent and welded to make it rigid. Nice craftsmanship. Perfect fit. Looks very "OEM" I don't think even the blinker patrol cops around here will hassle me over this one.

1 - 20 of 211 Posts