Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i ordered my eliminator from competition werkes and they one i thought i was going to get...well it just wasnt the one i got!! I decide to install...done it looks great but it is a eliminator that goes in front of the rear tire (also right behind tool box so it sits low). Just wondering if anyone has gotten a ticket for this and what reason they give!! thanks for all your help (i already feel like i should know)

·
Registered
415 Posts
You are required to have a white light on your plate (at least in California)

I think there is a law saying your signals have to be factory color (white/orange). But when I did converted my signals into my brake lights, I got pulled over for my licence plant not being mounted (just finished the job, plate was in my backpack) I had to get it signed off by Highway Patrol. They didn't care about my signals, they just wanted the plate mounted and visable with a white light on it.

Just my experiance

·
Registered
61 Posts
I was pulled over for having my license plate bent and an un-readable angle (ehhh....I bought it that way I swear! No, really I did. I'm not joking...I just was too lazy to bend it back).

Anyway, cop just gave me a warning for the plate. His wife rides a naked SV650 too. He rides as well, but I forgot what bike it was. Anyway, he said something along the lines of "I noticed the tail-lights too, but they are pretty visible so I'm not going to worry about them". It was at night and naturally i used my turn-signals to pull over, so he saw how bright they were.

There's my experience.

I do get nervous when there's a cop behind me while in traffic though.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Huh, I just got a ticket for my comp werkes fe.....2 days after I put it on. The cop had trouble with stunters and flip up plates he said, and I guess he was taking it out on me.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Oh, it was $75...no points.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts